Job Description - APAC
About BNP Paribas Group:
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 74 countries with more than 190,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 15,000 employees* and a presence in 14 markets, it provides clients with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs, and continues to develop its franchise in the region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas Group, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Mumbai and Chennai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. We partner various business lines of BNP Paribas such as Corporate and Institutional Banking, Wealth Management, Retail Banking through three verticals - Information Technology, Operations and Finance Shared Services.
About Business line/Function :
Within CIB ITO [Information Technology and Operations], the FRA GM OPC [Operational Permanent Control] team is composed of 7 members, based both in the UK and in India, and reporting into BNP Paribas Paris Management. Its role is to support Global Markets [GM] in managing its operational risk.
OPC_ISPL_Manager / AVP GM risk officer
ISPL Conduct & Controls
Mumbai / Bangalore
Business Line / Function:
CIB ITO - Operations
The Head of OPC – Financial Security and Transversal (Mumbai)
Manager / AVP risk officer
The Head of OPC Ops - GM (Paris)
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
Within the BNP Paribas India Solutions Pvt Ltd (“ISPL”) Organization, the OPC (Operational Permanent Control) correspondents for the IT/Operations/Functions/Financial Shared Services perimeters is under the management of the Head of Conduct & Controls and works in close relationship with the relevant Operational Entity (OE) teams.
Main responsibilities is to implement the operational risk management framework and monitor the operational risk related to OE’s activities. Hence, OPC will analyze control results and incidents to identify main operational risks and follow the associated mitigation/remediation actions (including recommendations).
OPC will be also responsible for the improvement of the overall internal control mechanisms to ensure compliance with BNPP Group standards.
- Work closely with Central OPC teams to ensure that guidelines established centrally are adapted
- Ensure the effective implementation and maintenance of the RCSA framework.
- Ensure that the RCSA is validated by the relevant OE & is consistent with the defined risk tolerance. Contribute to the definition and follow-up of self-identified action plans related to the RCSA.
- Define and regularly update the control plan based on the Generic Control Library & according to the result of the risk assessment, regulations and other risk events (historical incidents, control results, external events, audit missions, etc.).
- Identify gaps in the control framework based on the external & internal missions, LOD2 permanent control actions, open risk areas, incidents. Subsequently review the control plans using a risk-based approach.
- Ensure an appropriate training on Operational risks and Permanent Control framework is provided to employees, notably new joiners
- Conduct periodic controls assessments as per the Local Control Plan across all the process areas. Raise any non-compliance, and follow up of the corrective actions until closure.
- Advise the status of the control environment. Use findings of control weaknesses to drive risk management and process & control improvement
- Ensure operational risk incidents are properly collected, coordinate the root cause analysis and contribute to the definition of remedial actions.
- Coordinate, manage and follow up of internal and external audit findings and recommendations, including recommendations from governing authorities.
- Ensure tracking of permanent control actions and incident remediation actions to closure.
- Ensure adherence to reporting in all tools (ORUS, 360, Aurora, etc)
- Develop strong relationship with key stakeholders and business partners by addressing issues/concerns in timely manner.
- With the other ITO OPCs, contribute to the risk awareness within ITO and bring into the spotlight key areas of focus/attention
- Lead / Participate in the Permanent Control Committees and ISPL Internal Control Committee, ensuring clear reporting of control results, incidents, key risks, etc.
- Liaise with the Onshore / Local OPCs and contribute to the risk awareness and bring into the spotlight key areas of focus/attention
- Closely collaborate with LOD2 by attending regular meetings and sharing relevant information
Regulations, Procedures and Code of Conduct
- Ensure that Group procedures requirements are implemented locally, complemented with local specificities (regulations, tools organizations, …)
- Ensure that the procedures designed by the businesses and functions are identified, updated, properly stored and communicated to the relevant stakeholders within the OE
- Ensure respect of the BNPP standards of Code of Conduct
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Minimum 7 years of experience in Internal Control, Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit function or with associated business experience.
- Experience of front-to-back Global Markets flow (any product, Fixed Income, Commodity)
- Experience in Settlements would be a plus
- Good analytical skills and control mindset
- Ability to integrate various information and synthesize them
- Good communication and presentation skills, with ability to interact with operations staff and Senior Management
- Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
- Coordination and multi-tasking skill
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) for statistical analysis and report production
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Communication skills - oral & written
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to set up relevant performance indicators
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)