Job Description – APAC
Transfer Agency - Manager
Business Line / Function:
INVESTMENT AND FUND SERVICES OPERATIONS
Assistant Vice President
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
- Working as a Manager of a Transfer Agency team in Chennai supporting multiple locations.
- The TA Client team will be responsible for processing Subscription, Redemptions, Switch & Transfer for Mutual funds, where Asian clients are investing in them.
- To Manage the team in terms of people management and an escalation point for process issues.
- To be an SME (Subject Matter Expert) of the process by acquiring complete knowledge & understanding of the process
- Ensure deadlines are met by the team in a timely manner as per SLA.
- Ensuring the KPI’s are kept in Green at all times for all locations.
- Ensure that preparation and review of Key/Standard Operating Procedures for each process migrated to Chennai.
- Consistently evaluate the documented procedures to ensure they are complete, accurate and up to date.
- Ensure that the SLA is reviewed periodically and is updated
- Should prepare Key Performance Indicators. They should be shared with the management.
- Prepare the BCP for the team and ensure that the BCP is tested periodically
- Incidents if any have to be raised in the reporting tool within 48 hours
- Ensure that the service review calls are attended. The packs for the same should be shared with the concerned team.
- Ensure that the spoke is kept updated in case of any issues.
- Ensure all teams are adhered to Quality of 100%
- Ensure there is NO Financial impact/loss to the organization.
- Manage Assistanr Managers, Senior Associates, AL1 and Associates on daily BAU and to take corrective measures/actions, if required. Updating required staff/team adequately on any changes/new events impacting BAU. Should be proactively escalating the BAU/Staff issues to Senior Manager.
- Identifying the staff training requirement & ensure all the necessary training has been provided to the team members to perform the relevant tasks.
- Conducting Daily Team huddles, Weekly Team meetings and regular one on ones with team.
- Develop SMEs and ensure that, the Back-up management tool is in place for all the team members.
- Enforce 100% compliance of controls. If new controls need to be placed to ensure quality
- Ensure procedures are in place to effectively deal with exceptions and that they are reviewed, researched, documented and resolved in a timely manner.
- Identify the manual steps, process efficiencies & developments, by providing practical ideas on areas of improvements & work towards its automation.
- Ensure to minimize the unplanned leaves, especially during business critical days, like month end, rollover days and migration of new funds.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Be pro-active in developing customer relations by understanding and responding to customer needs.
- Strive continually for customer satisfaction.
- Try to identify the real needs of the customer, including those not necessarily stated.
- Deliver very high quality results.
Risk and cost awareness
- Identify risks and promote risk-mitigation processes.
- Identify potential cost-savings and promote cost-efficient processes while maintaining quality and risk controls.
- Work effectively with team members to accomplish goals.
- Respect the needs of others and displays integrity in dealing with team members.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate to others in a clear, articulate fashion.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Good listening and questioning ability.
- Be able to express ideas effectively in individual and group situations.
Planning & Organising
- Ability to plan work ahead and to prioritise workload.
- Ability to work in an organised manner.
- Must have an attention to detail.
Continuous Improvement and adaptation
- Generate creative solutions to problems.
- Always looks for ways to improve services and processes.
- Be able to adapt to markets and clients evolution.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Any graduate profile with excellent communication and analytical skills with relevant TA experience.
Communication skills - oral & written
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Attention to detail / rigor
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)