BNP Paribas is a leading European
bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more
than 192,000 employees – including more than 146,000 in Europe and over 4,000
in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal
since 1985, having been the first foreign bank to operate in the country.
Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory,
offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients
and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in
its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial
Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by
Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which
serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations,
entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their
projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and
BNP Paribas is recruiting for its European
Finance Operations Center in Lisbon, part of the Group Finance function. Group
Finance is responsible for compiling and processing accounting and financial
information in order to ensure its publication and to provide Executive
Management with the necessary information for the entire Group’s financial
Within Group Finance, the “Overheads Strategic Management Control” team is responsible for organizing and ensuring the effective operation of the budgetary procedure of all Group Functions. The SMC Overheads team guarantees the reliability of figures during the budget process (forecasts, closing and budget preparation) and builds a synthesis view on expenses to support Group’s cost monitoring process.
It also works “as a service” for worldwide integrated functions such as Compliance, Legal and Risk in helping their Finance Departments build budgets and transfer financial information from all the Business-Lines hosting Compliance, Legal and Risk costs and teams. This servicing activity will form part of the Finance Operations Center located in Lisbon.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a Management Control Analyst, your main tasks are to:
· Contribute in the animation of a worldwide reporting process regarding Functions budgetary indicators
· Maintain relationships with Business Lines’ Finance Departments in order to organize the integrated Functions’ financial monitoring
· Participate in the definition of the budget development process and the setup of budget instructions with the Functions’ Finance Departments
· Control consistency of monitoring indicators (KPI)
· Produce reporting within the deadline
· Analyze variance from budget and objectives
· Contribute to financial monitoring of specific topics (dedicated projects, functions transformation, transfer pricing policy, etc.)
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered
• Master’s degree in Finance, Management control or Business
• At least 1 to 3 years of experience in Management Control functions
• Knowledge of Management Control principles
• Technical skills: Excel (ESSBase is a plus)
• Fluent in English (minimum B2 Level, CECRL certificate) is mandatory
• French is a plus
• Strong team spirit
• Ability to work under tight deadlines
• Quick self-starter, pro-active attitude with ability to work in a fast changing environment
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong verbal and written communications skills, with an ability to communicate with internal client