BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
The European Advisory Group, part of Corporate & Institutional Banking, is a transversal team dedicated to supporting both the origination and execution of event driven transactions. It combines a young population of over 200 Business Analysts, Analysts, Associates, Vice Presidents 1 & 2 operating throughout EMEA, nurturing a strong Investment Banking culture, collaborative & customer focused.
Benefiting from enhanced training and a clear and structured career path, to develop a wide range of skills in a stimulating and demanding business environment, the team aims at developing the multi-skilled bankers of tomorrow
Team members are staffed on origination assignments based on one marketing major (e.g. Consumer Retail and Hospitality, Industrials, Technology Media and Telecom, Energy Natural Resource Infrastructure and Transportation). A structured rotation program ensures an exposure to many sectors and products, the acquisition of a broader network and stronger knowledge of the Global Banking environment.
The European Advisory Group is currently expanding its Business Analyst set up in Lisbon and search for outstanding individuals to join the team.
The successful candidate will play an important and accountable role in many aspects of origination for large International corporate finance transactions, joining a prime team and working closely with Analysts, Associates, Vice Presidents based throughout EMEA.
Training, exposure, challenge, high standards, multicultural working environment will ensure a steep learning curve to prepare for a strong carrier path locally & potentially internationally.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Generally assisting in all origination activities. Tasks can include (but not limited to):
- Direct contribution to pitches, teasers and other marketing materials preparation
- Prepare financial analysis, trading comparables, transaction multiples etc.
- Market and industry overview (ex. assisting in the Preparation of the Weekly which is a market update document)
- Compile league tables and credentials by sector, country, deal type
- Prepare Case studies of completed transactions
- Produce & maintain database of (selected) standard presentation materials ( ex: Maintain Sector Vertical Comparable - transactions database capturing all relevant details of recent deals)
The successful candidate will have:
- Strong academic history, Master Degree in Finance, Management, Economics, Engineering areas
- Ideally successful current or past (1 to 3 years) experience in Corporate Finance Sector or M&A or IB product as a junior team member, preferably with a bulge bracket Investment Bank
- Strong numerical and analytical ability, aptitude to think strategically
- Autonomous and multi-tasking
- Capability to work under tight deadlines, excellent time management and prioritisation
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Fluency in English is compulsory, European languages would be a bonus
- Team spirit, collaborative and inclusive way of working
- At ease with Microsoft Office tools, Bloomberg and other information database
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.