Who We Are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now works in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
About Global Markets
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses five global business lines;
· G10 Rates,
· Equity Derivatives (“EQD”),
· FXLM & Commodity Derivatives,
· Prime Solutions & Financing, and
· Primary & Credit Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
As part of the EQD Strategic Equity business unit, the Sales team works closely with the Structuring and Trading teams to originate and execute transactions and offer new solutions to our corporate and institutional clients.
What you’ll do
As part of the M360 Research team the successful applicant will be involved in the following:
- To increase profitable client business by developing and implementing the Macro Quant &
Derivative Strategy analytics into the FX and Cross Asset strategy teams, with the aim of
leverages the firm’s strengths in markets and the work of colleagues globally.
- To partner with the global Sales team and Trading teams in order to develop the Bank’s
- Support the Global Markets 360 team, in its aim to provide best-in-class value-additive
research to its clients.
- To provide, market and help develop market leading content within the quant, FX and
cross asset strategy team.
Competencies required for the role
Excellent academic record from top university or equivalent.
· Strong interest in and good understanding of the financial markets.
-Knowledge of economics and statistics.
· Fluent in English.
- Strong attention to detail.
· Good communicator.
· Good analytical skills.
· Strong project management skills.
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Start Date: December 2020
Length of Internship: 11 months