Who We Are
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. We are part of the BNP Paribas Group, a financial institution with solid foundations and a proven ability to adapt to change. If you are thinking about a career in investment banking, there is no better place to begin your journey than with BNP Paribas CIB. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 55 countries, we can offer you an exciting start to your career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realize their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now works in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
About Global Markets
Global Markets is BNP Paribas’ capital markets business within the Corporate & Institutional Bank (CIB), delivering solutions across asset classes, and industry-leading services for clients including institutionals, corporates, private banks and retail distribution networks.
Global Markets encompasses five global business lines;
· G10 Rates,
· Equity Derivatives (“EQD”),
· FXLM & Commodity Derivatives,
· Prime Solutions & Financing, and
· Primary & Credit Markets, helping their franchise of clients find effective ways to raise and invest capital as well as manage their exposure to risk.
Global Markets is made up of over 3,700 staff globally based in EMEA, the Americas and Asia Pacific, with the main trading floors located in London, Hong Kong, New York, Paris, Singapore and Tokyo.
As part of the EQD Strategic Equity business unit, the Sales team works closely with the Structuring and Trading teams to originate and execute transactions and offer new solutions to our corporate and institutional clients.
What you’ll do
As part of the M360 Research team the successful applicant will be involved in the following:
· Covering key monetary, fiscal, and other macroeconomic events in the eurozone, including analysing economic data prints as they are released.
· Keeping abreast of key political developments that have implications for the macroeconomy and/or financial markets.
· Fulfilling client requests and interacting with clients on the above topics, both remotely and in person.
· Producing in-depth research on ongoing themes.
· Supporting the team in producing research, presentations and day-to-day output for internal stakeholders and for clients. This includes contributing to the daily morning comment which summarises the key European macroeconomic themes for the day ahead.
· Developing and reinforcing the BNP Paribas Research brand
Technical Skills & Qualifications
· A degree in economics or other with a strong economics and/or quantitative focus.
· Knowledge of key economic data, including how to extract and gather data from various sources, checking consistency and quality, as well as how to interpret and analyse the data.
· Ability to develop and apply mathematical or statistical models to data sets to predict outcomes
· Knowledge of the macroeconomy and how to analyse developments in gross domestic product, inflation, the labour market as well as survey-based metrics.
· Some knowledge of how to interpret macroeconomic policymaking, including fiscal and monetary policy.
· Evidences a good appreciation of economics and financial market dynamics, with enough understanding to present views on market conditions and trends.
- Team spirit
- Multi-task capacity
- Experience in Banking is a plus
- Language skills: English (fluency required)
· Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
· Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
· Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
Start Date: December 2020
Length of Internship: 11 months