WHO ARE BNP PARIBAS?
BNP Paribas is the second largest European Bank, with total assets of just over 2 trillion Euros.
Known as “The bank for a changing world”, BNP Paribas has been recognized as the 2019 World’s Best Bank for Corporate Responsibility by Euromoney magazine. This reflects our commitment to financing the economy in an ethical manner, developing and engaging our people, being an agent for positive impact on society and for combating climate change.
BNP Paribas contributes to the real economy by providing solutions to a wide range of clients: individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps them realise their personal and professional projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and insurance.
BNPP has a significant presence in the UK with a 150-year history.
Whilst recognised as a leading European bank, BNP Paribas in fact operates in 73 worldwide countries with around 200,000 employees. With such a diverse set of banking coverage (ranging from asset management insurance, retail banking, personal finance, vehicle leasing to investment banking) the career opportunities within BNPP are vast, international and attract a diverse staff base.
WHAT IS FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS COVERAGE (FIC)?
- FIC’s remit is to manage global client relationships (also known as Coverage) across five industry sectors: Insurance, Banks & Financial Intermediaries, Investors (Hedge funds, Asset Managers and Pension funds), Official Institutions (including Central Banks and Sovereign Wealth Funds) and Financial Sponsors.
- The group is organized in three regional hubs (London, New York, Hong Kong), with over 240 professionals worldwide, based in over 30 countries.
- FIC has the Group-wide mandate to generate sustainable revenue growth by driving the global client strategy and senior relationship management for Financial Institution (FI) clients.
- FIC aims to be a trusted advisor for FI clients and recognized in the banking industry as best-in-class
- FIC acts as a key business enabler of profitable business with high-potential clients, by working efficiently in partnership with key stakeholders, such as Global Markets Sales and trading and our Securities Services business (BPSS)
- FIC also acts as the “First Line of Defense” for the BNP Paribas, helping the bank to guard against illegal and illicit practices, such as money laundering and terrorist financing.
The FIC Graduate Programme is a 12-month, rotational programme, comprising two, six-month rotations.
The role involves assisting and supporting FIC bankers as they manage senior client relationships, which involves promoting the full range of the bank’s products and services, managing issues and questions from clients and building a strong and lasting relationship at the Board level.
Working with FIC bankers, you are responsible for all aspects of supporting the maintenance and development of relationships with strategic financial institution clients.
Develop client relationship management skills:
- Develop the required skills to establish and maintain strategic relationships with a chosen client set at all relevant management levels.
- Support bankers in pursuing transactions and strategic mandates with clients.
- Ultimately, take responsibility for a set of client relationships and drive them forward.
Work with the FIC bankers and Product Lines to:
- analyse / assess client financial dynamics and current market trends.
- model impacts/scenarios and advise bankers and / or product lines of implications.
- work closely with internal Product Lines and support desks in order to maintain a reciprocal flow of information and ideas as well as establishing opportunities for business growth.
Help with preparing client pitch documents and senior executive briefing notes:
- Produce documents to support the marketing and selling of ideas and solutions to clients.
- Prepare briefings for senior managers to prepare them for meeting with clients.
- Assist with the organization and execution of major client events, such as roundtables, conferences and hospitality events.
Be responsible for monitoring industry developments that might result in business opportunities with clients:
- Build a detailed understanding of the workings of financial institutions and the trends and market dynamics that affect them.
- Identify issues and opportunities that clients may face from the implementation of regulations and government policies
- Identify products and solutions that may help clients address their needs and challenges.
Assist with bringing new clients and new entities onto the BNPP Platform:
- Provide support with due diligence and other compliance-related activities - “Know Your Client” - coordinating with Legal, Client Management, Risk and Due Diligence to ensure effective and timely onboarding and recertification of clients.
- Support bankers as they negotiate credit lines with the Risk Department
- Analytical, logical and innovative thinker
- Interest in working with external clients of the bank
- Strong drive to exceed expectations and take initiative
- Meticulous accuracy with a keen eye for detail
- Confident verbal communication skills
- Proactive and enthusiastic self-starter
- Team player
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Additional languages are an advantage
TECHNICAL SKILLS, COMPETENCIES AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED FOR THE ROLE
- Excellent academic background, minimum 2:1 or equivalent in Bachelor’s degree
- Keen interest and basic understanding in Capital Markets
- Strong analytical & quantitative skills
- Strong time management skills
- Good attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills and a sense of professionalism
- Previous internship or work experience an advantage
- Proficient with MS Office tools, is an advantage
- Be a role model, supporting and fostering a culture of good conduct
- Demonstrate proactivity, transparency, and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
- Consider the implications of your actions on colleagues
OPENING DATE: 17th September 2019
CLOSING DATE: 29th November 2019