Who we are
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 196,000 employees, including around 149,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets, International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors.
BNP Paribas Corporate and Institutional Banking is a globally recognised leader offering capital markets, securities services, financing, treasury and advisory solutions.
Main duties & responsibilities
In the UK, Global Banking focuses on 3 main business areas: Corporate Clients Group, the gateway of BNP Paribas’ integrated offer, which manages all the interactions between the Bank and its corporate clients; Capital Markets, operates across debt and equity; and Transaction Banking, which deals with Cash management, Transactional FX, Deposits, Trade financing and Supply Chain Solutions.
Debt Markets EMEA’s mission is to serve the bank’s corporate and private equity clients, by originating, structuring and executing syndicated loan and bond transactions for corporates and LBOs.
The debt product continuum is fostered by Debt Markets EMEA’s organisation, ensuring that a product neutral approach is delivered to BNP Paribas’ corporate and private equity clients, and reinforcing BNP Paribas’ position as a leading debt solution provider in Europe, whilst providing holistic capital structure advice with teams across Capital Markets.
Debt Markets EMEA has representatives in several countries including the UK, France, Belgium, Italy, Germany and Spain among others and is structured around:
- Leveraged Finance
- Leveraged Finance Capital Markets
- Sponsor Debt Coordination
- Media Telecom Finance Coordination
- Capital Call Financing
- Investment Grade Finance
- IG Debt Capital Markets
- Loan Capital Markets
- Transversal Teams
- Ratings Advisory
- Credit and Portfolio Management (CPM)
- Structuring and Execution Group (SEG)
Purpose and Scope of Role
- Purpose: Part of the Structuring and Execution Group within Debt Markets, Capital Markets, Global Banking
- Assist the senior and junior team members in the day-to-day business activities
- Contribute to a variety of tasks allowing a general introduction to the business
- Scope: Both UK and EMEA activities, subject to any additional procedures arising as a result of Brexit.
Key Responsibilities of Role
- Help to manage the day to day execution of deal activity across Debt Markets
- Ensure quality and timely preparation of all materials required for deal preparation across Debt Markets
- • Assist in the preparation of presentations and pitches to support the marketing effort in cooperation with various teams across the bank (Coverage, M&A, ECM, Syndicate);
- • Perform background industry and company research, synthesising; information from diverse sources;
- • Perform accurate financial analysis and develop financial models, including the assessment of external credit ratings where required;
- • Assist in the execution of Term Loan B and High Yield bond mandates;
- • Assist in the preparation of credit committee papers;
- • Support the Deal Team Captain and deal team colleagues in the management of the compliance workflow of projects
- • Manage transactions post-closing when applicable
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
• A degree from a leading university with an excellent academic record; or equivalent work experience
• Previous experience within top tier investment banks or in similar business area would be beneficial
• Understand clients' needs and provides a first level of answer within his/her perimeter of responsibilities
• Analytical mind-set and good awareness of credit and capital market risks
• Business risk: Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal, regulatory and reputational risks of transactions undertaken by Debt Markets
• Determination to learn and improve performance
• Capacity to meet deadlines under pressure
• Circulate correctly and in a timely manner information to senior members
• Rigour and detail oriented, allowing to gradually increases level of autonomy and efficiency in production of models and analysis
• IT literacy in Microsoft Office
• Fluent in English, another European language would be beneficial
• Strong team player with cross cultural awareness
• Creativity in suggesting adequate ways to solve issues
• Critical of own work / Professional reaction to positive and negative feed-back and use of this feed-back to improve
• Strong capacity to support and foster a culture of good conduct
• Demonstrate proactivity, transparency and accountability for identifying and managing conduct risks
• Consider the implications of his/her actions on colleagues, partners and clients before making decisions, and escalate issues to your manager when unsure.
Start date: ASAP