Dublin is the EMEA hub for payables and receivables transactions as well as the global hub for inventory financing as well as housing cash management, corporate banking and a trade desk.
We require an Irish qualified lawyer to join us to support the rapidly growing businesses and the various functions in the territory as well as the various local and group projects.
The Financing Platform (“Financing LEGAL” or the “Platform”) is an organisation within LEGAL comprising legal professionals providing legal support to business lines throughout the BNP Paribas Group in relation to corporate lending and trade finance activities (“Financing Activities”). The organisation is headed by the Global Head of Financing LEGAL (the “Global Head”), led by the Global Manager of Financing LEGAL (the “Global Manager”), and managed by a Global Management Team (“GMT”) with the support of two panels of product experts (“Expert Panels”).
The lawyer will be a member of Financing LEGAL on a full-time basis; reporting hierarchically to Nicola Curry.
- Providing legal support to the Head of LEGAL for BNP Paribas Dublin Branch.
- Participation in the Financing Legal Platform, including project and transactional support as required.
- Support the Supply Chain Management (SCM) Group through each of the SCM teams around the world, particularly Dublin, Paris and London, in documenting their transactions and developing robust structures.
- Working on the drafting and closing of Utexam transactions (inventory financing) on a bespoke and ad hoc basis.
- Working on the Payable and Receivable structures for the GTS Supply Chain Team.
- Working on the implementation of any Bank led projects with regard to compliance or audit matters, e.g. sanction remediation etc.
- Drafting various types of security documents including account charges guarantees etc. including any filings or perfection steps.
- Drafting and negotiating aviation client and finance matters from the perspective of Account Bank.
- Drafting and negotiation of syndication or participation risk sharing structures with other financial institutions
- Monitoring any developments in legislation and identification of legal risk in the territory and reporting into the SARA tool
- Monitoring any remediation matters that have been allocated to you.
- Answering ad hoc queries on NDA’s or any Account opening or onboardings.
- Assisting Compliance with sanctions papering and or escalations.
- Attendance at requisite hours of CPD in order to maintain the Practicing Certificate procured for you by the Bank
- Drafting negotiating and advising on Asset Backed lending structures and associated LMA Documents
- Drafting and negotiation on securitisation structures passing though the Bank
- Drafting various types of bilateral and syndicated facilities, LMA and non LMA type loans facilities both secured and unsecured
- Formulation and review of legal policies relating to the work of the Bank especially through identification of initiatives for improvements in the implementation of the legal work of the Bank with emphasis on efficiency and legal risk management and operational control
- Advising on day to day general corporate law matters, primarily corporate governance queries, arising from the Bank’s activity and the Bank’s subsidiaries activities.
- Queries on deposit and current accounts and any new investment and loan products, including marketing materials, if required.
- Relevant regulatory requirements relating to the Bank’s business and customers.
- Ad hoc queries from client on-boarding teams regarding corporate structures.
Compliance and Governance
- Help implement Bank-led projects with regard to compliance or audit matters.
- Ensure compliance with group sanctions requirements in all documentation.
- Provide advice surrounding the Bank's legal interests and corporate governance.
- Formulation and review of legal policies: identify initiatives for improvements in the implementation of the legal work of the Bank, with emphasis on efficiency and legal risk management and operational control.
- Training: help the team provide legal details and training to staff across the Bank.
- Instruct and supervise external lawyers: Ireland and Internationally.
- Monitoring legislation: that you have been allocated to follow.
- Be alert to and contribute to fighting against all forms of economic crime including fraud, money laundering and terrorist financing, regardless of the circumstance or stakeholder involved
- Make sure adequate due diligence and controls are performed to know the customers and how they use the Group’s products and services.
- Be vigilant that customer transactions are not related to bribery or corruption. Report any suspicious operation to Senior Management or to local Compliance.
- Risk analysis
- Compliance knowledge
- Banking law
- Civil and commercial / contract law
- Legal Knowledge
- Business Organisation
- Analytical ability
- Ability to develop and leverage networks
- Ability to conduct a negotiation
- Ability to understand, explain and support change
- Client Focus
- Ability to collaborate/Teamwork
- Ability to synthetize/simplify
- Creativity & Innovation Problem Solving
Primary Location: IrelandJob Type: Standard / PermanentJob: LEGAL AND TAXEducation Level: Bachelor Degree or equivalent (>= 3 years)Experience Level: At least 7 yearsSchedule: Full-time