For our Legal team in Amsterdam we are looking for a pro-active and curious Legal Counsel with strong interpersonal skills. You have an affinity with asset management or financial markets in a broader sense and you want to further develop yourself in an international environment. You will be working for one of the world’s major financial institutions and you will be part of a Legal team working on both Dutch and international assignments.
In this role you will advise and support the organization on a wide range of legal issues. Your tasks will include drafting, editing and reviewing various contracts which typically have an international aspect. You enjoy engaging with a range of stakeholders (from the local Sales & Investment teams to other lawyers worldwide) and you thrive on being hands on with the work that you do to advise and support colleagues within the business. It goes without saying that you will keep up-to-date with, and advise on, any developments in relevant legislation and the implementation thereof within our legal documentation and services.
You will be part of the professional, sociable and well-respected legal team of BNP Paribas Asset Management Netherlands, which once you join will be a team of 4. The structure allows for a lot of exposure to interesting and diversified matters, you can work on a variety of different topics, at the same time and the team is collaborative and supportive.
In close cooperation with (and if need under guidance of) senior team members:
- You will be advising and supporting of BNP Paribas Asset Management Netherlands on any legal matters, mainly in relation to contracting and regulatory but also - if the case might be - in relation to corporate work or projects and/or claims and litigations.
- You will be drafting, negotiating and reviewing any type of business agreements (for example client agreements (IMA’s) and various intercompany/ delegation contracts) and/or corporate documentation.
- You will monitor and ensure the implementation of any legislative developments relevant to BNP Paribas Asset Management NL.
- You will ensure continuous alignment with legal policies and procedures of BNP Paribas Asset Management and BNP Paribas group.
WHO ARE YOU?
- You have a master in Dutch law
- You have between 2-4 years of experience in an international environment, preferably either a law firm or a financial institution with a background in private practice
- Knowledge of Asset Management is a plus
- You have excellent oral and written communications skills in English. Dutch is preferred, French is beneficial
WHAT DO WE OFFER?
- A fulltime job for 40 hours a week
- Compettive compensation including 13th month and holiday allowance
- Participation in the discretionary bonus scheme
- A contribution to your pension
- Homeworking and commuting allowance
- 30 holidays per year and the possibility to buy additional holiday hours
- Great colleagues, informal and international and pleasant working atmosphere
HOW DO YOU CONTACT US?
You can easily apply by uploading your CV and a short motivation. In case you have questions, you can contact Berend Scholten, Head of Legal BNPP AM NL (berend.scholten [at] bnpparibas (dot) com) or Marieke Vogels, HR (marieke.vogels [at] bnpparibas (dot) com).
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
As part of the application procedure there is a Pre-Employment Screening (PES) and possible an assessment. A PES includes a check of your ID and credentials, a statement of good behaviour and a statement regarding liability at the time of commencement of employment.
BNP Paribas Asset Management is the investment management arm of BNP Paribas, one of the world’s major financial institutions. Managing and advising EUR 609 billion in assets as at 31 March 2021, BNP Paribas Asset Management offers a comprehensive range of active, passive and quantitative investment solutions covering a broad spectrum of asset classes and regions. With close to 700 investment professionals and 600 client servicing specialists, BNP Paribas Asset Management serves individual, corporate and institutional investors in 75 countries around the world. Since 2002, BNP Paribas Asset Management has been a major player in sustainable and responsible investing.