At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Learning and Development, Supervisor II, as part of the L&D leadership team, works together to continuously challenge, improve, and refine the impact of L&D related management and program delivery throughout the enterprise. In partnership with the Head of Learning and Development, he/she shape the creation, evolution, management and execution of L&D related strategies to support talent development and the achievement of strategic business goals. He/she builds a learning culture and community for the enterprise; ensuring we introduce learning and collaboration tools and technology that enable process improvement, agile and consistent learning, available over a range of delivery platforms. He/She drives internal team effectiveness by establishing and ensuring collaborative processes for how we operate within Learning and Development. He/She supports initiatives looking across the full scope of the team, and driving innovative solutions that support the overall learning strategic direction.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Responsible for the effective marketing, coordination and measurement of all programs under his/her responsibility.
- Identify, assess, and advise on individual and organization-level development needs and collaborate with internal teams to create tools and resources to support development initiatives.
- Positively influences and supports all management levels in the organization and serving as a role model for employee standards for behavior and performance.
- Responsible for a range of activities as a member of the Learning and Development Leadership team. He/She should be able to effectively communicate overall company objectives and how the department’s goals and strategies support achievement of those objectives.
- Actively and positively influence staff retention, staff development and job satisfaction levels. Provide effective team leadership through open communication, training, coaching and active encouragement of indirect reports and the team to meet or exceed business KPI targets, while role modeling desired behaviors.
- Partner with Head of Learning and Development to ensure a succession plan for the L&D team is in place and actively progressing as appropriate.
- Consistently coach team members with a focus on enhancing their effectiveness and productivity, while also building their knowledge and understanding of the overall business.
- Prepare and deliver performance appraisals for team members (when and as appropriate), providing relevant and specific feedback.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- In collaboration with Head of Learning and Development identify, implement, and monitor outcomes from individual and team L&D initiatives delivered. Provide feedback on execution to relevant team member.
- Participate in recruitment and selection of the broader L&D team. Ensure recruitment interviews are conducted in a professional and efficient manner, ensuring adherence to BOTW related policies and practices, in addition to local legislation.
- Ensure systems or procedures are in place for risks to be identified and reported by any team member, appropriately and promptly assessed, and to be actively addressed noting compliance with any relevant local legislation. Raise matters of concern or exposure to Head of L&D.
- Complete internal reports and participate in various initiatives as/when required.
- Represent self and Learning and Development professionally in all venues and situations. Creates and promotes a positive environment in line with BOTW values, employee related policies and practices and local environment considerations.
- Lead, motivate, and manage assigned team members to effectively deliver predetermined learning goals and objectives.
- Determines right curation (4 door) of blended learning options and tools in partnership with L&D Leadership team and Head of L&D.
- Communication with SMEs and cross-functional teams to define deliverables, project framework, milestones, and content is clear and understandable to the entire production team and partners.
- Maintain and Optimize Supervisor II :
• Maintains and optimizes learning and development initiatives throughout the organization, project manage small and large scale programs, including vendor and instructor management, evaluation strategies, materials development, logistics, and facilitation of train-the-trainer sessions.
• Manages, develops and elevates both capacity and capability of team of Senior L&D consultants.
• Ensures team is delivering on all aspects of learning and development including curating and creating content, facilitation, building and revising learning based on SME input.
• Manages any formal assessment activities including the selection and validation of assessment instruments, coaching and debriefing of key findings, selection of subject matter experts and program facilitators and faculty, as appropriate.
- Partnership Engagement Supervisor II :
• Ensure team is delivering on all aspects of line of business learning and development including facilitation, building and revising training based on SME input.
• Ensure line of business strategy is mapped into and addressed within each project plan, logistics, and facilitation of train-the-trainer sessions.
• Manages, develops and elevates both capacity and capability of team of L&D consultants and associates.
• Communication with lines of business to define deliverables, project framework, milestones, and content is clear and understandable to the entire production team and partners.
- Plans and Aligns Supervisor II :
• Ensure measurement of learning impact across L&D to support the improvement and enhancement of programs. Manage, track, and provide team visibility for L&D success measures (dashboard)
• Create processes for ensuring L&D finances; manage, track, and provide team visibility for L&D Budgets and invoicing
• Serve as liaison to broader BNP Paribas enrollment process strategies, communication, and manage the administrative LMS enrollment procedures
• Responsible for ensuring LMS management, functionality / enrollment & engagement strategies. Support all administrative, maintenance, and governance needs for the LMS
- Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
- Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Requires 7 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Understands basic management approaches such as work scheduling, prioritizing, coaching and process execution.
Typically requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Human Resources