At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
We are seeking a Software Developer to design, develop, implement, test, and maintain business and computer applications software or specialized utility programs for various business groups.
- Develop back end code for Java based systems.
- Fine-tune and improve a variety of sophisticated software implementation projects.
- Gather and analyze system requirements, document specifications, and develop software solutions to meet client needs and data.
- Analyze and review enhancement requests and specifications
- Prepare the detailed software specifications and test plans
- Implement system software and customize to requirements and create data for testing
- Modify existing programs to new standards and conduct unit testing of developed programs
- Create migration packages for system testing, user testing, and implementation
- Provide quality assurance reviews
- Perform post-implementation validation of software and resolve any bugs found during testing
- Coordinate and communicate applications support activities with key stakeholders
- Experience performing in-depth troubleshooting and unit testing with both new and legacy production systems
- Experience in programming and experience with problem diagnosis and resolution
- 7+ years of experience as Software developer preferably in Banking or Financial companies
- Strong experience in Java & J2EE related technologies
- Experience with SOAP and RestFul services
- Strong experience in Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with Microservices
- Strong experience or exposure to message security
- Strong experience in integrating external systems using WebServices
- Experience with CI tools like Jenkins Strong experience in Agile methodology
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.