About the job
- The Portugal Compliance Hub provides AML/CTF Level 2 Investigation Services to BNP Paribas CIB branches across the globe. We serve over 20 different locations providing AML Level 2 investigations for AML alerts linked to diffwerent business lines including CIB Cash Management, Securities Services and Correspondent Banking
- The L2 AML Hub strives to establish itself as a centre of expertise and excellence in the analysis of alerts and an important stakeholder for Compliance in the continuous improvement and innovation in detection systems, models and analysis of alerts, working closely with CIB Compliance, ITO, Relationship Managers and other key stakeholders
Your Main Activities Are
- Performing a review of Automated Alerts escalated by Lisbon Level 1 AML Analysts to validate the escalation
- Closing any automated alerts at an early stage where no further investigation is required and concluding the alert analysis accordingly
- Otherwise opening a case on the alerted transaction, the client’s other related transactions and related persons (if relevant)
- Using all information available internally or through external sources to perform their detailed investigation
- Documenting the investigation undertaken, the decision and supporting rationale
- Recording the decision and rationale to either (1) close the case or (2) escalate to Level 3
- Performing a “4-eye” review before closing any Cases for which no escalation to Level 3 is recommended
- Contribute to suggestions to enhance systems, methodologies and process simplification
- Ensuring management is made aware of all pressing issues in a timely fashion
- Operating to the very highest levels of integrity at all times
- Maintaining an appropriate audit trail and documentation in all instances, to evidence/support the review and resolution of each payment alert
Profile and Skills to Success
- English fluency (mandatory, both oral and written communication - Level B2)
- The ability to learn new tasks and processes quickly and repeat these consistently
- Strong degree-level academic qualifications or significant experience in retail banking (products, services and operational processes)
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
- V6, Excel and Word skills
- Working knowledge of English (both oral and written communication)
- Experience in AML controls within a bank or a financial institution is a plus
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.