At Bank of the West, our people are
having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can
make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship
programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for
sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is
taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and
strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting
the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank
for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help
our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable
Responsible for overseeing the efficient execution
of 1 LOD KYC Operations functions and practices. Identifies and remains abreast
of laws, regulations and regulatory guidance
related to regulations (i.e.,
AML, OFAC, Fair Lending,
or other Banking
regulation). Ensures centralized operational practices are accurately documented in procedures. This includes monitoring the compliance
and operational control process,
all while ensuring
that the business
activities are performed
in accordance with applicable laws, regulations and best practices.Essential Job Functions
- Manages teams that conducts customer due
diligence and high risk reviews for specialty work streams and SME (Small
Medium Enterprise) according to the bank’s BSA/AML policy and procedures.
and tracks recommendations for
enhancements to policies, processes, procedures or
controls from external examinations, internal audits or compliance testing.
subject matter guidance to implement changes to polices, processes, procedures or
- Works effectively with High Risk QC to
ensure an error rate acceptable to the bank and the business.
- Partners with LOBs to ensure effective
communication and customer experience.
- Ensures that decisions to retain or exit a
customer relationship align with supporting documentation submitted for
each high risk customer type, and with appropriate research conducted
during the high risk review process.
- Contribute toward creating efficient solutions to
challenges that impact the overall team, while maintaining a focus on
- Participates in Procedure writing and updates.
- Responsible delegate for the remediation and closure of
self- identified issues.
Other Job Duties
- Requires 7 years of relevant experience with 5+ years
of recent Management experience.
- Requires practical knowledge in leading and
managing the execution of processes, projects and tactics within one area
- Typically has advanced knowledge and skills within a specific technical or professional discipline with understanding of
the impact of
work on other areas of the
- Experience with internal customer outreach, telephone
etiquette, and ability to establish rapport by phone
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships
with Bank field Relationship Managers and/or Retail Branch contacts
- Corporate Compliance -
BSA/AML- Manages staff of
employees responsible for the verification of required Know Your Customer (KYC) documentation, customer
investigations, Office of
Foreign Assets Controls (OFAC) validation
reporting, customer risk assessment, due
diligence and enhanced due diligence,
and Customer Identification (CIP) operations
- Responsible for managing the efficient execution of centralized compliance functions relating specifically to Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and
Foreign Assets Control Sanctions (OFAC) operations
- The role also
coordinates with business unit functions with
regard to ensuring the completeness and the validation of customer records in
compliance with Bank requirements.
Required Skills and Competencies:
- Demonstrated People Management and Leadership skills
- Negotiation skills
- Planning and Organizing
- Leading the coordination with different bank compliance and
internal control streams
- Policies and procedures
- Line of business entity and unit
level compliance and
operations control assessments
- Knowledge of Customer Identification Program (CIP)
compliance requirements and research
- Thorough knowledge of Bank deposit account procedures
as they apply to account opening and requirements
- Oversee the preparation and distribution of
regular/special management reports. .
- Review/approve data compiled for analysis or
- Ensure staff maintains current knowledge of operational risk
management and regulatory compliance requirements for
- Possesses a strong knowledge of industry best practice
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer
and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without
regard to any status protected
by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal
histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance
Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal
laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Colorado-LittletonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Risk Management