Your Main Activities Are
- Producing valuation data that will allow the Paris and London team to analyse and control on Fair value product traded on Capital Markets that will be reported in various valuation committees
- Develop reporting, data quality and analysis tools that help deepen the analysis of the positions, risk and management indicators used in the various committees
- Contributing to the assessment of the adequacy and soundness of the fair value adjustments framework
- Contributing to the assessment of the soundness of the Day One Profit Process
Profile and Skills to Success
- Master degree in Applied Mathematics and Scientific studies (Physics, Statistics)
- Experience in Market Risk management or Market Finance within the Banking sector including audit and consultancy firms would be appreciated
- Knowledge in Fair value concepts and Marked to Market Valuation methodologies on derivatives in particular would be appreciated
- Ability to Code in Python is absolutely required
- Working Experience in an international environment would be appreciated
- Fluency in English – both oral & written, French will be a plus
- An understanding of Fixed Income and/or Equity Derivatives products (bonds/stocks, swaps/forwards/futures, options vanillas/exotics, Repos)
- An understanding of Fixed Income and /or Equity Derivatives related market data (rates, volatilities, correlations…), and potentially their sources, and the main associated products
- An understanding of risk concepts (delta, vega, VaR…)
- A good understanding of the basic concepts and models in mathematical finance
- A deep sense of control in particular on independent valuation controls
- Team player
- Positive attitude to comply with deadlines and objectives
- Ability to work under strong closing pressure and be flexible around this
- Effective organisation and time management, including ability to prioritise workload
- Quality focused, detail oriented and problem-solving skills
- Good communication Skills
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.