Software developer slash Java powerhouse (F/M/X)
Have you been bitten by the Java-development bug? And do you enjoy performing sprints as part of an Agile team? In that case, you may be the IT wizard (m/f/x) we need to bring our digital ambitions to life. You’ll contribute to innovations that benefit millions of clients.
As a Java developer, you’ll be joining a team of enthusiastic developers. Together, you develop applications for a fast-changing IT landscape: an exciting and versatile challenge!
- You design, develop and maintain high-value, reusable and reliable software applications
- You identify and correct any sticking points and iron out any bugs
- You launch new functionalities
- You stand guard over code quality, organisation and automation
- You’re the physical embodiment of the scrum values: involvement, focus, openness and respect, with a good dose of courage to boot
- You’re inquisitive and driven—and you’re always on the ball
- You thrive in a team environment, happily sharing your knowledge and insights
- You are quick to make connections and dare to question everything that deserves to be questioned
- You obtained your bachelor or master degree in Computer Sciences or IT
- You have a good knowledge of Dutch or French, and great English skills
You know your way around:
- Java and object-oriented programming
- Domain-driven design
- Software design patterns
- Relational databases
You’ll have the opportunity to learn (if needed) and work with:
- Test-Driven Development
- Spring, Maven and RESTful APIs
- Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery
- SVN/Git, Jenkins, SonarQube, Fortify, Confluence, JIRA
- Docker and Kubernetes
- NoSQL databases like Cassandra
By choosing us, you get
- Excellent opportunities to develop, personally and professionally, and spread your wings
- A permanent contract and an attractive pay package.
- A position in a responsible, socially engaged organisation where diversity and inclusion are the standard.
- The possibility of working part time (80 or 90 %)
Your future workplace
In a changing world, diversity and inclusion are core values for team well-being and performance. At BNP Paribas Fortis, we want to welcome and retain all talents, regardless of gender, age, origin or sexual orientation, and irrespective of whether or not they are living with a disability, as each of them have their own experience and identity. Together, let's build the bank of tomorrow: innovative, responsible and sustainable. All of our full-time vacancies are also open to candidates wishing to work 80% or 90%.
BNP Paribas Fortis is the largest bank in Belgium. We develop ingenious banking technologies to offer our clients continuously tailored solutions—at every key moment in their lives. We are and will always be the bank for a changing world.
Ready for the challenge?
Apply now! We will make our first selections on the basis of your CV and letter of motivation. Are you the candidate we’re looking for? Then you’re sure to hear from us. Good luck!