BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 71 countries, with 200 000 Employees – including more than 150 000 in Europe and 6 000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its businesses, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients -- individuals, entrepreneurs, SMEs, large corporates, institutional investors and community organisations -- with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services for retail banking and specialised financial services, and Corporate & Institutional Banking for corporate and institutional clients.
CIB has the ambition to bring a true digital experience to our corporate clients throughout our complete product and services offering. The aim of the CIB Digital Bank for Clients (DB4C) team is to articulate this ambition with our Clients ensuring that our digital offering is further developed to support that business ambition.
The DB4C Team supports Centric and its Applications (Connexis Cash, Cortex Deposit, Cortex FX, FX+ and many more), improving the offering to its clients with customer-designed environments and development of new customer journeys, based on the effective expectations of the users.
Within DB4C, the Centric Business Intelligence team interacts with adjacent DB4C teams (Usage, Distribution, Implementation, Marketing and Product), CIB IT teams and the business to provide data management and support, actionable insights, highlight digital client usage trends and enhance the existing suite of data and reporting offering.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Business Intelligence Team is looking for an enthusiastic Data Analyst to collaborate with the DB4C Team to best understand their operational and strategic needs in terms of data analysis:
- Work closely with all clients in order to assist with their data requests, contributing to strategic DB4C initiatives with meaningful insights and data analytics.
- Understand the Centric product and its pattern of usage amongst its stakeholders.
- Contribute to disseminate a culture of data driven solutions within DB4C.
The key responsibilities will be to:
- Collaborate with Stakeholders to better understand their operational and strategic needs.
- Deep dives into Centric data using existing tools (Alteryx, Tableau, SQL) with a view to use new methodologies (Python & Java).
- Experience creating business-facing dashboards and high impact data visualizations.
- Support the maintenance of the SQL Database infrastructure.
- Keep track of the life cycle of the Centric Applications.
- Understand the structure and meaning of the data held in various Golden Sources e.g. Client First, RMPM, Centric, Compass, REVAL etc.
- Develop and share best practices with the other CIB data oriented teams.
- University degree in a numerate/analytical subject e.g. Engineering, Information Management, Sciences, Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics.
- 0 – 3 years of working experience as Data Analyst or a similar role with a significant focus on data analysis, reporting and stakeholder management.
- Experience in working in complex multi-dimensional problems.
- Exposure to data & analytics on a product life cycle.
- Exposure to data visualization tools and techniques.
- Data analysis skills (Alteryx, SQL and Tableau).
- Experience on dashboard creation with Tableau. Power BI is a plus.
- DBA skills (Transact-SQL).
- Knowledge of ETL.
- Programming skills with Python and Java are a plus.
- Advanced Microsoft Office Skills.
- Ability to deal with regionally disparate teams.
- The ability to communicate complex ideas in a straightforward manner.
- Capacity of working under pressure and with narrow deadlines.
- Team player.
- Results-oriented, strong interpersonal skills and motivation.
- Excellent written and conversational level of English (mandatory).
- Other European Languages are a plus.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.