About the job
- CIB ITO is recruiting an AML L1 Officer to staff the Anti-Money Laundering L1 Hub in Lisbon to deliver transaction-monitoring services for CIB transactions undertaken by CIB across its European operations. The team will thus be dealing with areas including anti-money laundering, fraud, bribery, terrorist financing and high-risk clients
Your Main Activities Are
- The primary responsibilities of the team will be
- Partnering with Anti Money Laundering (AML) Monitoring Teams within Operational and Compliance teams across Europe to understand the process for payments and related monitoring requirements in each jurisdiction
- Conduct due diligence investigations for AML Monitoring Teams of suspicious payments, closing false alerts and escalating to onshore teams suspicious payments for further investigation
- In order to fulfil these responsibilities, members of the team will receive extensive training and support. As an AML L1 Officer supporting the CIB Financial Security AML Transaction Monitoring Hub, you will be specifically responsible for
- Reviewing and assessing alerts for money laundering risk through BNPP’s transaction monitoring system (Actimize-AML CIB) and liaising with business areas as necessary to investigate the alerts
- Escalating suspicious alerts for further review and investigation
- Contribute to suggestions to enhance systems, methodologies and process simplification
- Ensuring management is made aware of all pressing issues in a timely fashion
- Operating to the very highest levels of integrity at all times
- Maintaining an appropriate audit trail and documentation in all instances, to evidence/support the review and resolution of each payment alert
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of regulation and the financial markets
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Good knowledge of products/services offered by a bank to CIB clients
- Fluent in English, both oral and written
- Evidence of curiosity, good judgment and attention to detail
- Excellent team spirit and ability to work with remote teams across multiple locations
- Rigorous, well-organized with a structured and logical approach
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.