The BNP Paribas Group is one of the largest international banking networks, with a presence in 72 countries. The organization is an international financial services group, with in excess of 200,000 employees with solid roots in Europe.
The BNP Paribas Group is organized around two main activities: Retail Banking and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
The IT production has two main entities ITGP and ITO, with a main governance lead by ITGP.
ITGP Digital Working
ITGP Digital Working is responsible to provide IT Services to our clients ensuring a Digital Market evolution, in a secured and performant environment, and with a reliable quality. This function includes Infrastructures (Active Directory, Messaging, Instant Messaging, Desktop ...) as well as elements of the Global Services organization.
The ITG Production Networks Services is responsible to provide and maintain IT Networks Services transport layer to our Clients around the world in a secured and performant environment, and with reliable quality.
The ITG Production Networks Services includes different duties over production networks environments like Monitoring and Supervision of the networks infrastructures. The service provides Admin Support, Deployment and Configuration of existing and incoming networks elements.
The service is involved in the maintenance of transport layer networks such as the Campus Networks Infrastructure (LAN) and the Core Infrastructure Environment (MAN & WAN) under ITG Production scope.
Context & role summary
The Admin Support L2 LAN will be responsible for production, monitoring and documenting tasks for the BNP Paribas Campus networks under ITG Production responsibilities.
The Admin Support L2 LAN
: The function scope is “Support activities” over the Campus networks (LAN) This function implies all tasks necessary to ensure networks infrastructure performance by executing network monitoring, analysis, troubleshooting, configuration and maintenance. This function also requires enforcement of all networks Infrastructures performance and security standards. Expect follow-the-sun communication with BNP NOC L1 Support teams located in India, and interaction with 3º party service providers as well as any of the countries IT proximity Teams.
The LAN Admin Support L2 function
Common to both:
- Level 2 admin support tasks during business & non-business hours (follow-the-sun).
- Troubleshooting assistance and incident management under ITIL environment.
- Capacity monitoring and assurance that network services always meets business demands.
- Configuration management to maintain networks infrastructures like failover tests, software upgrade, etc…
- Obsolescence management of network elements.
- Service maintenance tasks like updating and improving processes and documentation.
- Assist designed solutions including device configurations while following ITIL change management processes.
- Assist & Support change implementation
- Fluent English written and spoken. Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communications skills.
- Bachelor in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 to 5-year experience in large networks and backbone environments.
- Experience in network security and Unified Communications Devices (Voice / Datacom / Wireless).
- Network Hardware certifications.
- ITIL Foundation certificate will be desirable.
- Project lifecycle experience.
- Experience as SPOC for technical escalations.
- Available for On Site Services: 08:00 to 19:30 regular schedule.
- Available for On Call Services: Off regular schedule services in 24/7 weekly shifts.
- Ability to resolve complex network issues is required.
- Ability to stay calm and think logically under stress.
- Root cause analysis for all day-to-day technical issues aimed at recovery and prevention processes.
- Ability to coordinate with offshore teams; interface with customers, vendors and partners for issue resolution.
- Assists the Team Leads/Delivery Manager in maintaining SLA adherence.
- Capable to communicate, implement and enforce policies. Capable of exception and scope handling.
- Familiar with requirements gathering and systems design.
- Ability to translate high-level objectives into low-level work modules and tasks.
- Proposes solution alternatives, provide impact analysis for any technical changes.
- Incident Management:
- Answer generic client’s requests thru phone call or mails.
- Register and own the incident life cycle in ServiceNow. Monitor ServiceNow request queue.
- Execute troubleshooting to resolve or escalate to L3 support teams.
- Respond to any inquiry from the NOC Teams.
- Communicate and Contribute on the NOC Teams reports with technical analysis discoveries.
- Collaborate with others Network Engineers.
- Assets Management:
- Device obsolescence information gathering and reporting.
- Device upgrade status information and Cisco CSPC provisioning.
- Device configuration, maintenance.
- (LAN) Cisco ASR and ISR routers, Cisco Catalyst and Nexus switches. Checkpoint and Fortinet Firewalls, MacAfee proxy. Aruba Wireless Mobility Manager, Clearpass Policy Manager
- (LAN) 802.1x, SFTP, WLAN, CAPC, SNMP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, Vlan, Spanning-tree, LDAP, SIP, VPN, IPSec, QoS.
- Administration: Nagios, Zabbix, Cacti, Infoblox Netmri, DX Spectrum, Cisco CSPC, ServiceNow,
- Scripting Perl, Python, Ansible, Terraform.
- Troubleshooting: Wireshark., PRTG, Infoblox IPAM / Net-MRI, Netbrain