About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centred on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function:
ISPL Conduct & Control team is primarily responsible for proactive management of Operational Risks through a robust control framework, which aids in effective monitoring & reporting of risks. - Adopt Risk Based Approach on controls. - Understand risks based on past events & proactively implement measures for mitigation wherever possible. - Be a Conduct Representative for ISPL.
ITG is a group function established recently (2019) in ISPL with presence in Mumbai, Chennai, Bengaluru. We collaborate with various business lines of the group to provide IT Services globally.
ITG IT OPC Control Analyst
28th Sep 2023
Business Line / Function:
ISPL Conduct & Control
Manager – ITG IT OPC
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
The role is to provide both the Business Units and IT Management with the assurance and visibility that IT Controls are executed in a controlled and managed way. In addition to the specific responsibilities detailed below, the successful candidate will be expected to demonstrate understanding in other areas of Risk & Control Management including strategies surrounding Process Engineering, Configuration Management, Change, Incident & Problem Management, Non-Conformities and Corrective Actions Management, Risk Identification and Control, Project Management and Tools and
- Conduct periodic controls assessments across process areas in scope. Raise any non-compliance and follow up of the corrective actions until closure.
- Liaise with global and local IT control areas to ensure their certification is timely and appropriate.
- Perform periodic Root Cause Analysis of process issues and non-compliances at Project and Application Domain level. Ensure that the exercise is planned, executed effectively, and reported to appropriate level.
- Participate in minimizing production risks and issues, including but not exclusively, by helping to devise, and by implementing, sufficient regular controls.
- Ensure appropriate escalation to management and/or Permanent Control (or Compliance as appropriate) as soon as an issue is identified.
- The enforcement of Permanent Controls, providing ongoing risk & controls self-assessment status of the control environment.
- Contribute all relevant management information (KPIs/KRIs) to the various scope reports/dashboards.
- Assist with Historical Incident management process, including liaising with various stakeholders involved, root cause analysis and impact evaluation.
- Contribute to the upkeep and maintenance of the ISPL Permanent Control Framework
- Maintaining relevant Operational Permanent Control (OPC IT) processes and procedures
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Good knowledge of IT Risk & Audit domain with focus on Internal and/or External Audits
- Good understanding of IT Controls Framework and experience executing controls
- Understanding of IT Service Management domain is a value add
- Motivated self-starter, exceptional analytical abilities, strong organization and teamwork skills
- Experience working in large global financial services organization
- Be able to demonstrate business tactical and strategic thinking, be innovative and creative with an ability to think outside of the box
- Strong analysis & problem-solving skills
- Structured and methodical mindset
- Proactive approach with a strong ability to work on own initiative
- Ownership of work and commitment to delivery
- Can do attitude
- Team oriented (both local and global)
- Good interpersonal skills
- Strong influencing skills
- Big picture awareness
– make relationships between tactical issues and strategic options
- Client focused
- Pragmatic and creative approach
Specific Qualifications (if required)
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Attention to detail / rigor
Communication skills - oral & written
Personal Impact / Ability to influence
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to manage / facilitate a meeting, seminar, committee, training…
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Choose an item.
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (if required)
Découvrez les métiers des fonctions transverses chez BNP Paribas
Intégrer des métiers comme les Achats, le Marketing ou bien les Ressources Humaines, c’est contribuer au bon fonctionnement du Groupe et à son rayonnement. Autant de spécialités et donc d’opportunités à découvrir !En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.