At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Work Location Statement
This position has the option to work in one of our key hubs (San Francisco, CA, San Ramon, CA, Tempe, AZ, Omaha, NE) or to work remotely as long as it is in within our 27 state working footprint which includes AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, ID, IA, IL, KS, MI, MN, MO, NE, NV, NM, NC, ND, OH, OK, OR, SD, TX, UT, WA, WI, WY, NY.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for managing an independent Level1 Control department within Identify and Access Management (IAM) Ensures Level 1 Controls related to Regulatory and Operational Risks within the line of business are defined and executed. Coordinates with the different internal control streams to foster best practices in the line of business and to avoid loopholes or overlaps. Will define IAM requirements functional process pertaining to IAM technologies.
Essential Job Functions
- Define the IAM requirements and functional processes pertaining to various IAM technologies
- Design information security controls implemented / enforced via the IAM technologies
- Ensure IAM control statements from security policies and standards are known and communicated to the IAM Operations and Technology SMEs for implementation/enforcement
- Assist with creating and maintaining standard operating procedures documentation (supporting IAM functional processes)
- Analyze and map information security controls Analyze and develop standard integration framework
- Recommend security best practices in regards to control implementations
- Ensures IAM complies with the Bank's Integrated Operational Risk Framework and/or industry best practices as it relates to: Policies and procedures Level 1 Controls Methodologies for a permanent control framework in the line of business Coordination with different bank compliance and internal control streams Line of business entity and unit level compliance and operations control assessments
- Directs and monitors the daily, weekly, monthly, annual and periodic activities associated with an independent Level 1 Control function. Ensures activities are performed accurately, thoroughly, and in accordance with regulatory, the Bank's Framework, and/or industry best practices timeframes.
- Acts as the IAM subject matter expert on Level 1 Controls. Is knowledgeable about industry best practices and systems.
Other Job Duties
- Prepares and distributes regular/special management reports on regulatory and operational risk compliance and the department's activities. Compiles data for analysis or dashboards. Attends professional seminars and participates in Bank and industry operational risk management and regulatory compliance practitioner groups.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires mastery level knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- Minimum 3 years Information Security experience within Identity Access Management
- May have deep knowledge of project management.
- Requires 10 years minimum prior relevant experience.
- Thorough knowledge of banking operational risk management and industry practices
- Thorough knowledge of banking and related laws and regulations
- Thorough knowledge of bank operations activities, from both a branch and centralized function aspect
- Experience in developing, writing, and communicating policies and procedures
Annual Hiring Range:
$89,000 - $188,000
Actual compensation offer to candidate may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, and/or skill level.
- In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for Annual incentives.
The base salary opportunity can vary based on candidate’s geographic location, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
“To protect the health and safety of our employees and customers, Bank of the West requires all U.S. employees to provide proof of their vaccination status. Employees who are not fully vaccinated must undergo regular testing beginning May, 2022.”
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.