In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2023. We are a dynamic and growing organization having its main establishment located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future. Note that the position may be in the Canadian Branch of BNP Paribas or in one of its subsidiaries based in Montreal.
The position at a glance
The CIB IT Production Virtualization infrastructure is a large-scale platform targeted to be a one-stop shop for the production and consumption of community driven digital services within the Americas. This includes the support and project deliveries of the virtualization platform itself as well as on-boarding new digital offerings into the platform.
The role will focus in the following areas:
- Develop and drive a high performing Virtualization Team
- Architect, design, and deliver improvements in the VMware environment to optimize stability, scalability, and service to the consumers
- Automate manual BAU and CHANGE processes to streamline efficiency and install consistency
- Configures and/or coordinates monitoring thresholds, alarms and alerts
- Partner with global IT counterparts to secure/deploy standards and to collaborate on solutions
The IT Infrastructure Virtualization Platform Manager will be the head of a multi-disciplined team within the IT Infrastructure Platforms Team, providing expert level support for the entire virtualization environment across the US, Central and South America regions.
The candidate must be a motivated self-starter, with excellent organizational skills. Candidate should have a strong functional and technical background and be ambitious enough to proactively seek solutions and go the extra mile as well as to always take initiative. Strong verbal and written communication skills are mandatory for this position.
- Manage, coordinate and facilitate re-engineering and process improvement initiatives related to the enhancement of the virtualization server platform
- Oversee projects and supervise operations within the Infrastructure Virtualization team
- Interface with vendors and global teams to ensure the environment conforms to the current standards.
- Manage Business Continuance in relation to Disaster Recovery.
- Maintain high system reliability, availability and resiliency levels
- Provide required level of support for the production environments
- Proactive system performance monitoring and capacity management using existing tool sets
- Perform system upgrades and mandatory security/OS patchings
- Liaise with application support teams to gather requirements, design, and deploy, and standardize systems
- Provide 24*7 On-call support based on rotations within the team
- Perform thorough morning checks on all critical applications using existing tools or scripts
- Strictly abide and follow the company policy and procedures pertaining to change and incident management
- Responsible for ensuring that all systems are deployed consistent with group standards and best practices
- Incident and Problem management: take ownership and work with team to resolve production related issues
- Follow groups standard security practices within the environment
- Maintain service offering for internal business lines and IT operations
- Reports to Head of Americas Platforms
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field
- Architecture experience in large VM environments with Hyperconverged Infrastructure and NSX Distributed Firewalls
- 7+ years managing VMware Engineering and Support teams
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent project management skills focused on outcome-based results
- Expert knowledge of VMware Enterprise components and technologies such as vSphere, SRM, vSAN
- Hands-on experience with VMware automated tools such as PowerCLI, vCO
- Expert knowledge of the enterprise storage subsystems (EMC/SAN, iSCSI/PureStorage)
- Strong working knowledge of networking technology (i.e., function of TCP/IP) subnetting and routing.
- Strong knowledge of Active Directory
- Good working knowledge of industry and hyper-converged hardware (e.g., HP/IBM/Dell/Nutanix)
- Knowledge of relational databases such as Sybase, Oracle, and SQL along with MQ Series.
- Service oriented, positive, committed and enthusiastic team player.
- Knowledge of the English language is required.
- One or more of the following certifications (VCP-DCV, VCAP, etc.)
- ITIL Certification
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- Given the vast majority of our clients, both internal and external, are based outside of Quebec and Canada, specific language requirements may apply. These will be clearly mentioned in the qualifications of the position;
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2023
- Canada's Best Diversity Employer 2023
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Gold certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
- Part of Les Affaires top 300 companies in Quebec
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **
Découvrez les métiers de BNP Paribas : IT, Tech et Data
Au-delà d’être un groupe financier, BNP Paribas est aussi une entreprise technologique. Les systèmes d’information, la data et les outils sont au cœur de notre ADN et offrent de nombreuses opportunités professionnelles !En savoir plus
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société. Au travers d’actions du quotidien ou de grands projets, exercer l’un de nos métiers, c’est s’engager pour agir durablement.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.