About the job
- We are looking for an experienced IT Enterprise Architect to play the role of a “pilot” as part of the EA Process & Governance team. As such, you’ll be one of the facilitators and the coordinators for the run and transformation of the EA governance processes
- To manage the 2025 strategy, CIB IT engaged a restructuration to secure and transform it IS and its global organization. This strategy requires strong knowledge in new technologies and working methodologies
- In this context, the CIB Enterprise Architecture team must strengthen and increase its mandate to better support the IT teams in their transformation
- The team is composed of 50 people across the word (Paris, London, Mumbai, Singapore, among others)
- Located in Montreuil, the Parisian team regroups senior architects working mainly on data architecture, APM management, DevOps transformation and the architecture process governance
- Your team, Domain EA Process & Governance, is composed of 7 members (3 Paris; 1 India; 2 AMER; 1 APAC)
- The team spirit and the information sharing are two essential aspects required to manage our ambitions and being able to master our challenges
Your Main Activities Are
- Review the documentation and be the voice of the architecture during the first phases of the IT project Lifecycle
- Be the advisor, the coach, and the referent to follow-up project managers
- Organize and drive review committees
- Coordinate interactions with functions required based on the functional, technical, and geographical scope
- Be the guarantor of the data quality issued from this process
- Control the project’s alignment with architecture recommendations
- Participate to the definition and management of the CIB Architecture framework
- Understand and be aware of the group IT governance to adapt the CIB IT framework
- Be the promotor of the CIB IT Enterprise Architecture Governance across functions and entities
- Elaborate and share relevant KPIs
- Be proactive in contributing to the EA governance continuous improvement process
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, or a related field
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years of experience as an IT Tech Leader, IT Architect or related role, preferably in Enterprise Architecture
- As professional knowledge and expertise skills for the role we are looking for: setup relevant performance indicators (Expert); architecture (Expert); IT knowledge (Expert); Digital culture (Proficient); BNP Paribas organization knowledge (Proficient); Investment banking knowledge (Proficient); IT risk and cyber security (Proficient); Business/IT relationship (Proficient)
- As transversal for the role we are looking for: Ability to develop and leverage networks (Expert); Ability to develop and adapt a process (Expert); Analytical Ability (Expert); Ability to manage/facilitate a meeting, seminar, committees, trainings, among others (Expert); Ability to understand, explain and support (Proficient)
- Ability to effectively convey complex information with simple, high impact communication, at all levels of the organisation
- Very good experience with project management tools and software, including Microsoft applications (SharePoint, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.