About the job
- Since 2015, BNP Paribas Wealth Management has a competence center in Lisbon (PIMH = Portugal International Markets Hub) to manage activities for several locations (Switzerland, Luxemburg, Germany, Monaco).
- APS-AS (Application Support) Europe is the name of the IT Application Support team within Wealth Management Information System (WMIS) Lisbon.
- The primary role is to provide technical / functional support on our Portfolio Management System application (Triple ’A from Temenos). The activity implies responding, troubleshooting, fixing and providing constant update on the progress of the resolution of issues or requests. It also enclose UAT management, UAT technical tests, and production implementation for projects and patch upgrades.
Your Main Activities Are
- Provide functional support to Front office users by prioritizing and delivering outstanding service
- Ensure technical support to batch related issues and on time resolution
- Analyze system logs and identify potential issues with Application
- Commit to the Service Level objective and be aligned with the roadmap
- Ensure to escalate timely to Head of APS on issues where needed or any potential operational risk
- Review and create application Support knowledge articles
- Ensure that the all production deliverables are aligned with bank standards and best practices
- Ensure service monitoring, reporting and continuous improvement of the service quality and availability.
- Ensure adherence to APS support shift plan in terms of mailbox, web portal and hotline
- Be part of production support team (i.e. Weekend/Public holidays where needed)
Profile and Skills to Success
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, related to technical field, or equivalent experience
- Total of 5+ years of experience as first & second-line (L1 and L2 support) IT Application Support for a business within a fast-paced and competitive environment
- Total of 3+ years of experience as IT Analyst / Business Analyst with private banking or asset management
- Experience in wide range of financial instruments including structured products, futures, options, forex
- Good understanding of Wealth Management business processes
- Critical Thinking
- Communication – Fluent in English both verbal and written communication
- Extensive experience in daily verbal and written communication with a diverse group of people: business users, IT teams, managers
- Detail oriented, analytical and excellent follow through
- Excellent work ethic, self-starter, autonomous
- Ability to learn from experience and from informal/formal instructions
- High level of persistence, can-do attitude, pro-activeness and maturity
Why joining BNP Paribas?
· Leading banking institution
BNP Paribas is a leader in the Eurozone, and a prominent international banking institution with strong roots in Europe's banking history. It has a presence in 65 countries, with around 190 000 Employees – including more than 145 000 in Europe.
· Our presence in Portugal
Since 1985, BNP Paribas was one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, the Group has around 7.100 employees across several entities operating directly in the territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
· International reach
Thanks to its international presence and regular and close collaboration among its different entities, BNP Paribas has the resources to support all clients with financing, investment, savings and protection solutions that help make their projects a success. BNP Paribas holds key positions in its three core operating divisions:
- Retail Banking, a division that brings together all of the Group’s retail activities and specialised business lines;
- Investment & Protection Services that include specialised businesses offering a wide range of savings, investment and protection services;
- Corporate & Institutional Banking division that offers tailored financial solutions for corporate and institutional clients.
· Diversity and Inclusion commitment
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity/paternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency, which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
· Commitment towards work/life balance
At BNP Paribas we care about our employees wellbeing and promote a culture of good integration between work and rest. We believe our employees have rich personal lives outside of work, being fundamental to be disconnected from work to recharge both physically and mentally. Only through this balance we may all be at our best while working.
· Remote Working Conditions
At BNP Paribas, we embrace a Smart Working framework based on trust, autonomy and collaboration. Within this framework, eligible employees can benefit from flexible remote working modalities adapted to our hybrid working environment. To guarantee a comfortable and efficient working set-up, eligible employees are provided with both the office and home equipment, are entitled to an equipment allowance and can benefit from exclusive partnerships to purchase additional equipment at reduced prices.
To find out more on why you should join BNP Paribas visit https://bnpp.lk/why-BNP-Paribas-Portugal
* Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
* In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process