IR Flow Senior Quantitative Analyst:
The Global Market Quantitative team is responsible for designing and developing the models used for pricing, risk management and relative value. GM Quants contribute to the development and support of the pricing and risk management platform. With around 120 people globally, the quantitative research team is present in Europe, Asia (Singapore, Hong Kong, Tokyo,China) and the Americas.
‐ Development and implementation of models used for pricing and risk management, with focus on Linear Rates Products:
- Implement pricing and risk management models that correctly capture the specificities of Asian markets (onshore/ offshore, discounting, curve marking)
- Participate in the development of the global flow pricing and risk management platform and library
- Participate in the global quantitative research in FIRST – IR Flow
- Design innovative analytic approaches
- Develop new derivatives related research tools
- Develop local regulatory requirement working tools.
‐ Support trading desks with the pricing and hedging of vanilla and more complex Fixed Income products
‐ Liaise with relevant internal risk functions when necessary: Legal, Compliance, Market and Credit Risk Management
‐ Attend relevant training courses to maintain appropriate regulatory, product and technical skill
‐ Maintain open communication with team and direct line management to fulfil firm notification requirements and pass on client concerns
‐ Directly contribute to BNPP operational permanent control framework
- Support of the APAC FXLM.COMM platform in Shanghai
- Ensure the quality of data within the scope of responsibility
- Ensure to follow and comply with SAFE regulations on FX management at daily work, and comply with CBIRC and PBOC rules.
- Ensure to complete mandatory compliance e-learning courses as well as annual classroom AML training
Provide pricing capacity for
internal/external clients; manage mkt risk properly.
Buy and sell a defined range
of instruments ﴾as per desk mandate﴿ for our clients and take positions on
behalf of the Bank within defined limits to facilitate client business.
Provide market liquidity through market making in a defined range of
instruments ﴾as per desk mandate﴿ and limits; put in place hedging if
• Monitor market news and events and evaluate
the risk and opportunities for positions and strategy
• Closely follow‐up the
counterparty risk and any potential excess of credit line all market risks and
any limit excess.
• Ensure all pre‐trade
requirements are conducted. ﴾credit lines check in particular﴿
• Ensure that all transactions are timely and
accurately booked in appropriate trade capture systems.
• Ensure that all transactions are timely
sent to middle office and/or back office.
• Responsible for submission of public
indexes as approved under the Index Acceptance Committee ﴾IAC﴿ with the
condition that it is authorized in the mandates, as recorded in FORMA and in
accordance with the relevant internal guidelines / requirements /procedures /
key responsibilities and external / regulatory requirements / code Submitters
and Reviewers as well as their respective back‐ups of the contributions are
expected to comply strictly with the Group policy regarding their professional
standards, as well as their duty to support the market integrity ﴾Group Code of
Conduct principals﴿. They are to comply with all local requirements prescribed
by the Authority on such contributions.
• Any attempts to manipulate submissions are
subject to the disciplinary procedures, sanctions according the Group policies
• Bonds end of day bonds marking can be used
for Iboxx contribution
• Contribute to the daily P&L at the
close of the day and facilitate its confirmation by Middle‐Office.
• Prepare a P&L explain each day and
escalate any unexplained elements to desk head for sign off.
• Provide management with accurate
information to analyze the P&L structure
• Monitor the level of broker fees ensure
their relevance vis a vis the current market practice and desk activity
• Work closely with the procurement group and
Middle Office to minimize broker and custodian fees
• Work with operational support functions to
facilitate and monitor the settlement process.
• Respond swiftly to any issues escalated
from MO and BO staff
TEAMWORK and TRAINING
• Maintain fluid communication with other
front office teams.
• Keep all Business Partners in the loop of
major organization change that may impact the soundness of operations.
• Help Business Partners understand business priorities
• Contribute to the continuous improvement of
process and systems.
• Inform management of any major operational
incidents, specific risks arising or P&L potential damage.
• Attend relevant regulatory and
product/skill training and keep up‐to‐date with market issues.
IR Flow Senior Quantitative Analyst:
technical skills in quantitative analysis
- Drive for
Results ‐ Delivers high quality work and ensures decisions are implemented
timely and efficiently
Awareness ‐ Demonstrates a good awareness of risk and fundamental risk
role model, integrity & ethics ‐ Acts with discipline and high ethical
standards placing the interests of the Bank ahead of personal agenda
Player ‐ Works effectively in a team, Collaborating and sharing
information and solutions with colleagues, with other teams and
Focus ‐ Sees stakeholders as well as external clients as customers
Products & Business ‐ Is genuinely interested in financial markets and
continually learning and staying abreast of new developments. Is able to
evidence a good appreciation of economics and market dynamics, with enough
understanding to present views on market conditions and trends
Risks ‐ Understands the market, credit, operational, compliance, legal and
reputational risks of his/her activity. Evidenced as a good sense of
risk/return analysis for business areas covered