In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
The Investor Services team is primarily responsible for maintaining the share register of hedge funds, acting as a point of contact for Investment Managers/investors and handling the subscriptions and redemptions of investors.
You will be part of an expert team and will require the following combination of knowledge, skills and experience to be successful in this role.
Partner with the client and be proactive and accountable, always exceeding client expectations as per our service level agreements. The Investor Services Associate operates within the Investor Services team as a key point of contact to Investors, Investment Managers, Directors, and other stakeholders for our clients.
- Participate in a team that acts as a key point of contact for investors and clients
- Ensure queries and requests from clients are dealt with on a timely and professional manner, providing a high level of service to our clients, ensuring that the client service level agreement deliverables and deadlines are met
- Maintain and develop trust based relationships with investors/clients by providing professional advice and resolutions where required
- Communicate with Investors, Related Parties and other investor stakeholders such that you provide timely, complete and clear responses to Investor queries relating to trades, payments, static data updates, investor audits, statements, confirmations and other technical queries
- Participate in the distribution of periodic statements, advisor letters, trade confirmations & other ad hoc Investor communications
- Request anti-money laundering compliance & other regulatory and confidential documentation from the investor and ensure all instructions are properly authorized, including timely, documented call backs to validate where required
- Liaise with various internal departments including Client Service Managers and Relationship Managers, Fund Accounting, Banking and Custody, Compliance, Legal and other teams as needed
- Escalate any issues in a timely manner
- Ensure client and investor services activities are delivered in a controlled environment, strict compliance with BNP Paribas’ internal guidelines as well as external regulatory environment and fund requirements
- Participate in department projects such as Annual FINRA / Regular AML Recertification, Fund Audits, Annual FATCA/CRS Reporting and ISAE, Risk and Internal audits. This includes ad hoc requests from the team supervisor or Department Head
- Attend client meetings, auditor meetings, inter-department meetings
- Operate with AML/CFT risk awareness and complete all identified mandatory training to ensure understanding of relevant/applicable Group policies (including but not limited to financial security related matters) and to escalate any irregularities where necessary. Complete additional annual training to support your career growth and development
- Adhere to the Code of Conduct and act accordingly internally, when facing clients and investors and any related persons or providers
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Able to collaborate with other team members and contribute to day to day activities and projects
- Approachable, with a positive working attitude
- Support any business change
- Possess the required level of conduct that is promoted by the organization
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- minimum of 5 years’ experience in the financial services industry
- Experience working within an Investor Services Team for a minimum of 5 years
- Proficiency in use of Transfer Agency systems and Intermediate level of Microsoft Office
- A sound understanding of AML/KYC and FATCA/CRS principles
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Strong work ethic and an ability to work as part of a team