BNP Paribas has a presence in 72 countries with more than 200,000 employees, including 154,000 in Europe. It ranks highly in its two core activities: Retail Banking & Services and Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB).
BNP Paribas Corporate & Institutional Bank is a leading European investment bank with global leadership in many of our businesses. With nearly 30,000 employees in over 57 countries, CIB can offer you an exciting and truly global career.
At BNP Paribas CIB, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asia Pacific offices and we are a committed player in all markets.
Strong risk management, combined with the stability that comes from being part of one of the largest banking groups in the world, underpin our success. Joining us, you’ll become an integral part of a dynamic team that spans nationalities, cultures and backgrounds, drawing together people from around the globe and reflecting our commitment to international placements.
Business Area/Dept Overview
The UK International Mobility team (UKIM) sits within the Reward team in HR and is responsible for managing the lifecycle of expatriate assignments into and out of London branch and BP2S UK, as well as overseeing short term assignments. The team liaises with various external providers and also other international mobility teams around the globe.
UKIM also oversees immigration into the UK for all BNP Paribas contracted populations, whether joining on a permanent basis, visiting for a day or anything in between. The team works across all business lines and works closely with other HR teams, as well as being a point of reference for other UK entities.
Purpose & Scope of role
• Purpose: Be part of a team dedicated to international mobility and UK immigrations. The team ensure the respect of the global International Assignment Policy for assignment in/outside the UK which requires local and global coordination on certain processes. The team also cover immigration matters in and outside the UK when necessary, this also requires to be in contact with external providers.
• Scope: UK – BNPP London Branch and BNPP Securities Services
Key Responsibilities of role
o Support the IM team with the overall management of internationally mobile assignees (e.g. overseeing the relocation process, document production and review, etc)
o Support the IM team on UK Immigration regulations matter and develop his/her skill on the matter (e.g. support business visitors monitoring, visa expiry tracking, right to work checks etc)
o Assist the team with various processes as requested including but not limited to
• Report generations (Currency protection, school fees, council tax, P11d,…)
• Data gathering and reviewing (Invoices processing, …)
o Participate in various ad hoc projects
o Acquire a full understanding of BNPP processes and with time become autonomous in executing simple and/or complex processes.
Experience, Qualifications & Competencies
• Bachelor degree
• Some working experience in international mobility / UK immigration
• Team player with experience working in a diverse team
• Ability to multitask and prioritise workload effectively - Organisational skills essential
• Attention to detail
• Logical thinking and pro-activity
• Proficient using Microsoft Office, especially Excel and Word
• Prior experience in an HR mobility team
• Ability to work successfully as part of a team
• Strong numerical Analytic
• Excellent communication skill