About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 71 countries, with approximately 199,000 employees. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions
About Business line/Function :
IT Auditor, IG Hub APAC
Inspection Générale Hub Asia Pacific
Business Line / Function
Head of Audit IT, Asia Pacific
Number of Direct Reports
Directorship / Registration
· To conduct Information Technology and Cybersecurity audit work in accordance with the IG methodology and ensure high standard of deliverables
· To contribute to the Information Communication Technology risk assessment of audit universe establishing a reliable communication channel with the auditees.
· To follow through with auditee on implementation of recommendations
1. Participate in the audit team assignments and special reviews (when required by regulators, business lines, or senior management)
- Contribute to the planning and preparation of the assignment e.g. understanding the methodology to be applied, acquiring a deep knowledge of the activities to be covered, understanding the detailed technologies, gathering relevant key figures, etc.
- Develop a thorough understanding of the activities within the scope of the assignment, its strategy and governance, and the related risks.
- Evaluate the overall setup and identify the main areas of risk (including a comprehensive assessment of the management actions).
- Execute detailed investigations leveraging on a strong technical knowledge in various IT systems (Databases, Operating systems Linux/Windows, Cybersecurity/Network security, Virtualization, containerization, Cloud Computing and related risks)
- Leverage on adequate programming languages and scripting to perform efficient investigations by automating analysis.
- Ensure the adequate learning and understanding of the standard IT solutions used in the IT infrastructure and production, Cybersecurity management in order to analyze adequately their configuration and be able to identify and raise potential risks.
- Recommend appropriate actions to the management in order to remediate the identified weaknesses.
- Formalize the results of the assignment investigations and contribute to the production of the assignment deliverables.
- Present the conclusions of the assignment fieldwork to the senior management.
2. Review the implementation of the Inspection Générale recommendations
- Review and challenge the actions defined to remediate the weaknesses identified by the audit team through its assignments.
- Ensure the adequacy of the answers to address permanently the gaps following accurately the recommended actions.
- Perform relevant control testing to ensure the proper implementation of the actions.
3. Contribute to the periodic risk assessment of IT activities and planning
- Perform a periodic and comprehensive risk assessment of the IT activities as per the Group guidelines.
- Keep abreast of change/new development of regulatory requirements that are relevant to IT activities and related functions.
- Assist in the elaboration of the IT audit planning following a risk-based approach.
- Contribute to the improvement of the Inspection Générale practices through the elaboration and update of our methodologies.
: below 30%
Technical and Behavioral Competencies required
- Strong expertise in Cybersecurity (IT security hands-on experience is a plus)
- Strong technical background in IT activities (including IT production / IT systems expertise)
- Curiosity, rigor, and precision.
- Outstanding analytical skills
- Ability to synthesize
- Excellent writing and presentation skills (in English)
- High level of initiative, commitment, and drive
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and within short deadlines
- Promotes a constructive, cooperative, and participative teamwork environment
Specific Qualifications (if required)
· Possess a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in Information Technology/ Management Information System / Computer Science and related discipline;
· Not less than 5 years of experience in external auditing / internal auditing / IT / risk / compliance / internal control / operations in the financial services industry.
· Professional Qualification/Certificate in Audit, e.g. CISA, CISSP, CISM, CCSP is a plus.
Behavioural Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Ability to synthetize / simplify
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Ability to develop and leverage networks
Master Degree or equivalent
At least 5 years
Other/Specific Qualifications (any of these skills is highly appreciated)
Information Technology – Systems
Operating Systems : Linux/UNIX, Windows
Databases Management Systems: Oracle, SQL Server, NoSQL, MariaDB, MongoDB
Data Analytics: Elasticstack, Kafka, Tableau, Power BI, R, Python (Panda, Matplotlib, SciKit)
Cloud Technology: AWS, Azure - Containers Kubernetes, Docker
Python (intermediate/advanced level)
Identity Access Management: Sailpoint, CyberArk, Oracle Identity Management , Single Sign-On : WEB SSO
Network Security: Strong network knowledge, (routing, Firewalls), Proxies (WEB, Reverse Proxy),
Security configuration, Patching, vulnerability scanning (Nexpose, Nessus)
Application security: OWASP, WAF, Scanning (Qualys, Rapid7, Tripwire, Fortify)
Penetration Testing / ForensicsTools: Kali Linux (Burpsuite, nmap, zap, dirbuster, metasploit, …)