In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Based in Singapore, the candidate will assist the Equity Derivatives and Cross Asset Solutions Sales team with their daily tasks and contribute towards the growth of the business.
● Support the Sales teams covering Institutional and Distribution clients across the SE Asia region
● Liaise with structuring and trading on pricing of derivatives and structured investment products
● Assist in all day to day tasks from the marketing to the trading and deal booking process (Booking, Term sheets, Confirmations, Settlement...etc)
a) assist with the management of primary and secondary trades as well as client after sale service
b) contribute to the draft, design and development of new marketing material
c) Liaise with Back Office (BO) and Middle Office (MO) to ensure efficient settlement and booking processes
d) Manage effectively the booking and pricing of secondary transactions
● Assist in the delivery of product pricing and performance analysis
● Assist in background research on the latest investment themes and market trends
Specific Qualifications Required
● Ambitious, self-motivated and genuine interest in Banking and Finance
● Takes initiative and is results driven
● Dynamic and curious, with a hunger to learn
● Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
● Strong organizational and analytical skills (solid mathematical foundation important)
● Client focused and commercial thinking
● Strong team player
● Strong proficiency in Microsoft office (MS Word, Excel & Powerpoint)
● Prior related internship within the banking industry is an advantage
● Basic derivatives (Equity Futures, Options and Swaps) knowledge would be preferred
● Fluent written and verbal English and Chinese