At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Responsible for evaluating, architecting and leading the implementation of enterprise application integration solutions that support business and technology needs. Partners with the various teams in the Bank to provide design and technical expertise, drive best practices, and ensure the creation of a robust and flexible integration architecture to meet the Bank's business objectives.
Essential Job Functions
- Creates an integration architecture strategy that furthers an integrated customer experience and promotes the development of common services and capabilities across the Bank enterprise.
- Defines and implements consistent integration architecture and technology governance practices throughout the planning and delivery cycles. Provides both technology and architecture oversight and governance as part of this process.
- Leads architecture efforts that promotes and implements greater architectural consistency and technology sharing across the Bank.
- Defines conceptual approaches and solutions architecture for applications and integration among applications and services.
- Creates conceptual and software architecture documents using industry best practices for documenting architecture. Considers both business and technical audiences.
- Design API and services interfaces (XML/ JSON)
- Builds and maintains strong vendor relationship and ensures that Bank and the vendor operate in concert to maximize the returns from purchased software and services.
- Architects and develops solutions for highly scalable, highly available systems.
- Collaborates with development groups and software vendors to identify and define solutions for complex global business requirements. Collaborates with internal partners to define application standards, conventions and best practices including compliance with security requirements.
- Understands and promotes the role of architectural best practices; communicates effectively with all key constituents and actively promotes the needs and benefits of governance, architecture and standards.
Other Job Duties
- Builds strong cross-organizational relationships and effectively influences staff across the IT organization and broader enterprise.
- Provides cross-application subject matter expertise for solutions.
- Participates in application capacity planning and facilitates application proof of concepts.
- Oversees the evaluation and selection of 3rd party software packages as well as the design of standard application configuration of these packages.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
8+ years of relevant experience
as the leading expert and/or resource within the field by peers
knowledge of SoftwareAG WebMethods, CA Gateway , Mulesoft/Boomi and other
with service oriented architecture (SOA), Enterprise Service Bus (ESB)
technology and other middleware technologies.
architecture documentation and modeling skills.
- Expert level knowledge of Software AG WebMethods 8.x and
9.x Integration Server and related technologies.
- Strong knowledge of IBM MQ messaging products
- Strong Knowledge of SOAP, REST, JMS and PUB/SUB Pattern
- Solid knowledge of
Java SE, Java EE, XML, XML Schema, XSD, XSLT/XPath and JSON
- Knowledge of CA Technologies API Gateway(Layer 7) and
policy design is a big plus
- Software AG WebMethods Integration Server performance
tuning experience a plus
- Experience in the financial services industry is a plus
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology