At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
With moderate supervision, participates in the design, engineering, development, testing, implementation, operation and maintenance of network infrastructure devices such as, servers, storage, routers, switches, firewalls, proxies and other related technologies in a virtualized enterprise environment. Maintains technical quality in operating environments through monitoring and implementation of solutions.
Essential Job Functions
Responsible for the development, planning, monitoring and implementation of technical aspects of the Bank’s Patch Services and controls. Ensure the continued integrity of the Bank’s Patch Services, follow best industry practices and are deployed and optimized to work within and with an awareness of the banks overall security fabric. Assist in strengthening technical measures to protect bank resources and business information. Develop and implement IT Patch policies covering Operating Systems and 3rd Party Applications. Work closely with Application, Network and Security Teams in the ongoing enhancement of Patch methodologies and data / host security at the Bank.
- Experience in designing/implementing technology solutions
- Hands‐on experience concentrated in system and workstation patching and delivery of patches.
- Knowledge and experience with vulnerability assessments and penetration testing as well as web based applications, business applications, external/internal networks and security.
- Experience in Windows Operating Systems, SCCM Current Branch, Patch Managment, software packaging.
- Good knowledge of business systems architecture
- Strong knowledge of programming, documentation and interface requirements
- Advanced knowledge of scripting and creating software packages
- Good knowledge of systems hardware, software, and system administration
- Good knowledge of applications development methodologies
- Solid understanding of enterprise security, systems patching and vulnerabilities.
- Experience developing and monitoring an information security function in an enterprise setting.
- Experience with corporate security emergency situations and contingency
- Ability to work under minimal supervision and set priorities.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to develop moderate to complex reports and presentations.
- Requires advanced knowledge of job area typically obtained through advanced education combined with experience.
- May have practical knowledge of project management.
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.