At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
While Bank of the West considers all applicants, we will not sponsor candidates for work visas at this time.
Job Description Summary
Essential Job Functions
- Perform full SDLC life cycle work, including analysis, design,
development, enhancement, testing, maintenance and technical support for this
- Manage development and testing tasks and ensuring adherence to previously
agreed to timelines communicating status
- Evaluate the integration a various data sources like Oracle, SQL
server, VSAM and sequential files into staging area and recommends and/or
- Counsel team members on the evaluation of data using the Informatica
Data Quality (IDQ) toolkit.
- Apply data analysis, data cleansing, data matching, exception handling,
and reporting and monitoring capabilities of IDQ.
- Performs technical walk-through as needed to communicate design/coded
solution and to seek input from team members.
- Develop ETL processes using Informatica, ETL control tables, error
logging, auditing, data quality, etc.
- Implement data cleanup procedures, transformations, scripts, stored
procedures, and execution of test plans for loading the data successfully into
- Enterprise-level ETL development and ETL architecture using Informatica
and understanding/ using the COBOL file structures.
- Work on Oracle Database using SQL and PL/SQL.
- Work on Informatica Designer Components -Source Analyzer, Warehouse
Designer, Mapping Designer & Mapplet Designer, Transformation Developer,
Workflow Manager and Workflow Monitor.
- Perform data analysis, data mapping, data loading, and data validation;
reusability, parameterization, workflow design, etc.
- Support other ETL developers; providing mentoring, technical
assistance, troubleshooting and alternative development solutions.
- Perform performance tuning and work end-to-end lifecycle using
Enterprise wide data warehouse.
- Experience with designing, developing, testing, and supporting
- Detailed understanding of Informatica Power center Components 9.x
- Expertise working with different kinds of sources - XML, flat files,
Web services etc.
- Good experience in Unix Scripting
- Excellent Understanding of Oracle, Microsoft Sqlserver. Need to be able
to write complex queries with ease & Performance tuning.
- Excellent data analysis and debugging.
- Exposure IDQ preferred.
- Good knowledge on Informatica Data Services (IDS)
- Informatica Analyst
- Informatica Developer
- Experience developing web services-based applications or applications
that interact with SOA
- Data mapping experience - mapping data sources to and from multiple
- Design, develop and implement data feeds and transformations with
minimal to no guidance.
- Team Player with excellent collaborative skills.
- Minimum 6 years’ experience in Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
- Minimum 6 years overall Informatica experience
- Desired experience in IDQ (Informatica Data Quality)
Strong experience in developing Informatica mappings and reusable components.
Strong Oracle skills
Strong Data Analysis skills.
Experience in developing slowly changing dimensions, error handling and performance tuning.
Understand Logical and Physical data modeling best practices and techniques
Strong knowledge of data warehousing concepts.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Technology