BNP Paribas is a leading European bank with an international reach. It has a presence in 72 countries, with more than 202,000 Employees – including more than 154,000 in Europe and over 5,000 in Portugal alone.
BNP Paribas is present in Portugal since 1985, having been one of the first foreign banks to operate in the country. Today, BNP Paribas has several entities operating directly in this territory, offering a wide range of integrated financial solutions to support its clients and their businesses.
Worldwide, the Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporate and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leveraging on centralized HR domestic teams and working closely with them, the HR Porto team provides consultation to management and employees on a broad scope of HR topics. Reporting to the local HR Manager, the HR Generalist will contribute to the engagement and retention of Porto based employees, aiming to provide them an excellent employee experience. More specifically, she/he will:
- Conduct local recruitment processes, in proximity with the hiring managers to assure that the business talent sourcing needs are efficiently addressed;
- Prepare and present job offers to internal and external candidates, gathering all necessary approvals, to guarantee that the offer is in line with the business strategy, HR guidelines and internal and external benchmarks;
- Coordinate employee onboarding activities, providing support to new joiners and/or employess in mobility to Porto, ensuring a smooth onboarding and/or mobility experience;
- Support the organization of learning & development activities;
- Support the implementation of HR policies, processes and tools, according to the strategy defined by the country HR teams;
- Provide advice to employees on HR queries and procedures, forwarding them to the proper channel and/or tool;
- Collaborate with the local Facilities team in order to contribute to employee wellness and workplace health & safety.
- Degree in an Human Resources related field, Organizational Psychology or Social Sciences;
- 1 to 3 years in a similar role in an HR department or consultancy firm;
- Fluent level of English;
- IT tools: Excel and Application Tracking Systems.
Please note that only applications submitted in English will be considered.
In case you are selected for this role, further documentation will be requested to support your hiring process.
BNP Paribas is an equal opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. We are actively committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.