In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Contribute to the HR Support CoE Team and responsible for:
- Providing an effective and responsive advisory service to all BNP Paribas Singapore staff on HR issues, policies and procedures.
- Ensuring that all employee issues/ queries/ requests are dealt with promptly.
- Performing other tasks related to employee data management
- Provide information & advice service to all staff and respond to enquiries promptly (telephone, e-mail and in person)
- Update and maintain the query log when a new request/query is received.
- Understand and resolve issues quickly and efficiently or escalate as needed.
- Update and maintain employee data in systems and digitized files (e.g. P-file) .
- Administer employee on-boarding activities e.g. immigration process, monitor reference check to ensure fit & proper criteria, responsible for various system input/maintenance (PeopleDoc, PeopleSoft, etc.), establish individual personal file/record, liaise with various departments (APAC HRIS, ISPL HRSS, Compliance, IT, Facilities etc.), etc.
- Employee relationship management in partnership with LPBs, maintain staff record, employment verification, liaison with MOM/service providers, manage employee life cycle activities.
- Administer employee off-boarding activities e.g. ensure a smooth exit procedure with relevant documents & conduct exit meeting, responsible for system input/maintenance (PeopleSoft etc.), liaise with various departments (APAC HRIS, ISPL HRSS, Compliance, IT, Facilities etc.), etc.
- Manage and maintain accurate employee records in HR systems (PeopleSoft, PeopleDoc, Digitized employee files) to ensure data integrity.
- Assist in compilation of statistics and reports for both internal and regulatory reporting.
- Make suggestions to the Team Manager on improvement opportunities with regards to policy (where applicable), efficiency and customer service, e.g. ad hoc communication, process improvements, etc.
- Contribute to the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
- Participate in ad-hoc HR projects and other related assignments, including identifying and implementing process improvements, risk and control processes.
- Drive excellent customer service across all processes and maintain a strong compliance culture, leading appropriate audit activity, within the HRS CoE team to ensure all auditable documentation is accurate and up to date.
- Contribute to the reporting of all incidents according to the Incident Management System.
- Good understanding of HR policies, procedures and systems
- Strong customer service skills (client focus)
- Strong verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- Ability to network and coordinate activities with other teams
- Diversity, inclusion and non-discrimination awareness
- Specific Qualifications Required
- Knowledge of PeopleSoft, Ms Office