At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for performing various functions for the HR Connections call center such as: providing administrative and customer service support, processing all employee information entered into the Bank's HR information system, and ensuring adherence to HR policies and procedures. Handles escalated calls for dispute resolution. Manages the pre-employment background checks which include fingerprint processing, investigation of fingerprint issues, ongoing NMLS registration annual renewal process. Manages the I-9 and E-verify process for new hires to ensure compliance.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Answers incoming calls from employees regarding a variety of salary and benefits related issues such as health care provider information, health care coverage and payroll deductions, long term and short term disability insurance, merit guidelines, and approval authorities.
- Coordinates issues resolution by contacting external vendors and carriers and internal business partners to research and fix problems reported by employees.
- Inputs confidential employee information (salary, job, personal) in the Bank's HR information system. Processes routine payroll transactions by inputting data in the HR system.
- Verifies that submitted salary transactions are properly documented and are in compliance with Bank policies, procedures, practices, and approval authorities.
- Provides employees with information or literature on the various health care providers, health care plans, long & short term disability, and health care costs. May refer employees to health care provider websites for additional resources.
- May monitor workflow and call time trends and report issues to department manager.
- Maintains full knowledge of all department policies and procedures as well as changing plan guidelines to ensure accurate and effective communication with employees.
- Effectively uses all applicable systems, technology, and software to assist employees in a timely and proficient manner.
- Guides applicants and team members through the registration and fingerprinting process. Confirms and attests their registration.
- Updates management, staffing, and HR partners on registration status.
- Reviews all returned fingerprint reports. Investigates and document all decisions in the Incident Database in accordance with the Fingerprint processing procedures. Obtains disposition approvals on all fingerprint reports with convictions.
- Coordinates the pre-employment background checks for all new hires. Conducts investigation and documents all decisions in the Incident Database in accordance with policy and procedures. Obtains disposition approvals on all background checks with descrepencies.
- Coordinates I-9 and E-Verify process including ensuring I-9's are completed in 72 hours and pulling follow-up reports for I-9's. Coordinates with managers the removal of team members from work until I-9 is completed
- Conducts investigations with team members who are not eligible for employment due to E-Verify. Takes appropriate action and documents in the separation/termination database.
- Complete I-9 reverifications to ensure that a team member's work authorization status has not lapsed.
- May participate in special projects as assigned by the department manager.
- Troubleshoots any issues that arise with NMLS registrations or other applicant issues.
- Coordinates the completion of employment application addendums.
- Initates background checks, including criminal history checks via fingerprinting.
- Reports daily on leave status, employment status, and registration status.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- P1 - 0 - 2 yrs Requires broad theoretical job knowledge typically obtained through advanced education.
Requires less than 2 years prior relevant experience."
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Good knowledge and experience with the processing of employee transactions in an HRIS system, preferably using PeopleSoft
- Good knowledge of employee benefits
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-Arizona-TempeJob Type: Full-timeJob: Human Resources