The position is within the Performance Management Pole in the Regional North America platform located in Montreal, under the supervision of the Head of department. Our main internal clients are located in New York and in Canada.
MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
The Analyst, being a key member of the HR Finance Team, is responsible for the day-to-day maintenance and control of the North American entities’ general ledgers for all staff cost topics such as salary, bonus, pension, benefits, etc. He/she reviews and coordinates adjustments with significant financial and/or profitability impacts with the business lines that he/she supports. Great visibility within the Finance Platform, and frequent communication with Senior Management.
Accounting & Control Functions dedicated to staff costs nature:
- Perform month-end financial closings for all the entities (in IFRS and US GAAP),
- Enforce controls and prepare balance sheet reconciliation schedules.
- Review ledgers and perform account analysis, including reconciliations of balance sheet items for respective expenses accounts.
- Collaborate with department/teams that incur expenses (benefits, for example), in order to understand the nature of an expense and obtain the necessary information to record it and report it accordingly;
- Analyze, reconcile, and review all accounts under the position’s responsibility by performing a variance analysis of corresponding expenses/prepaid/balance sheet items, highlighting trends, and following up on questions/concerns.
- Key role in the forecast and budget process for all North American entities
Projects, systems support, operational process improvements:
- Participate in the upgrades/version releases of respective reporting tools, as well as system amendments/enhancements required to facilitate new/modified reporting requirements. In connection with this effort, assist in user acceptance testing and after care post deployment.
- Assist in identifying operational process improvements in production, control procedures, and workflow organization to increase the team’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Participate in the streamlining of the processes under his/her responsibility.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
- Accounting Degree from a reputable university (CPA, CA, or CPA,CMA, or CPA,CGA) with 3 to 5 years’ experience in a similar position -IFRS /USGAAP knowledge.
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
- Audit experience preferred and/or management accounting experience preferably within Financial Services industries.
- Advanced Excel skills (including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, and most common Excel functions).
- Knowledge of specialized software (Oracle SAP, Smartview, etc.) considered an asset.
- Knowledge of IFRS.
- Knowledge of US US GAAP considered an asset.
- Experience and knowledge in a banking institution considered an asset.
- Good analytical skills and sound judgement.
- Bilingual in French and English.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS
- Able to work autonomously.
- Able to work outside of regular hours during peak periods.
- Able to manage stress and prioritize.
- Demonstrates good judgement and analytical skills and shows initiative.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal (French/English).
- Able to work in a team.
- Commitment to the deadlines within an international environment of different time zones.
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.