The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines: a dynamically growing International Operations Centre (SSC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe and local custody & clearing business offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full local clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland.
For new activity within BNP Paribas Securities Services in Poland which is an exciting, dynamic and growing operation centre in Warsaw we are looking for candidates who are willing to be a vital part of the expansion in BNP Paribas’ operational scope in Poland.
Hedge Fund Accounting/Valuation Team Leader
As a part of the Hedge Funds Accounting and Valuation team (A&V) within Alternative Funds Operations your aim will be to lead the Valuation team and manage deliverables for our clients.
The position will give you the unique opportunity to work on complete end-to-end fund accounting/valuation processes.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Managing a team of 8-10 members of the Hedge Fund Accounting Team
- Providing technical and specialist support to the Hedge Fund Accounting Team
- Day to day oversight, management and final review of end-to-end NAV calculations
- Development and improvement of NAV calculation workflows and procedures.
- Reviewing fee calculations and profit and loss allocations.
- Ensuring Fund Accounting requirements are met and procedures are followed
- Notifying local management of operational issues
- Managing and reviewing the preparation of MIS
- Working with Senior Management and Risk to manage controls efficiently to alleviate any potential risk areas
- Managing and overseeing the team on a daily basis, controlling and allocating day to day work for the team
- Overseeing all internal or external audits and ensure a clean report is received
- Responding to queries and requests in a timely, efficient and professional manner
- Establishing solid contacts with all areas and all levels at clients’ organizations as well as inter departmental
- Conducting annual performance appraisals and provide regular feedback based on goals for direct reports
We are looking for you, if you:
- Have a bachelor’s degree at a minimum
- Have preferably 5+ years of relevant experience in Fund Accounting, Valuations or similar
- Have at least 1 year of experience in team management capacity
- Are fluent in English
- Proven ability in people management, and ability to delegate and to gain the commitment among team members
- Experience in planning, initiating and following through to meet objectives
- Ability to identify, recommend and implement improvements to existing processes
- Have good IT skills, in particular Word, Excel and Outlook
- Possess good understanding of Fund Accounting process
- Have ability to work effectively and demonstrate initiative
- Attention to detail and proven ability to handle complexity
- Have excellent communication skills and a truly client servicing mindset
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Supportive and friendly work environment with many opportunities to integrate with your colleagues (tennis school, football league, volleyball and basketball classes, integration weekends, etc.)
- A culture of inclusion that values each employee’s unique perspective
- Wide range of trainings and development opportunities
- Opportunities to grow within the organization including 6 Career Paths to choose from
- Attractive benefits package (medical care, Multisport card, life insurance, pension plan, Lunch card, benefits from available cafeteria, and many more)
- co-funding of language courses
- Prestigious work location near Rondo Daszyńskiego
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Please attach the below clause to your application:
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.