BNP Paribas Securities Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas specialising in the administration and protection of financial securities for institutional investors, financial intermediaries and major companies worldwide. We have local expertise in 36 markets and a global reach covering more than 90 markets.
As leading global custodians, we serve a range of clients such as fund managers (including alternative funds), insurance companies, sovereign-wealth funds, pension funds, brokers and investment banks, commercial banks, major companies and issuers.
The Warsaw office was established in 2008 and comprises two business lines:
International Operations Centre (IOC) providing asset and fund services for a number of locations across Europe.
Custody & clearing services offering broker-dealers, global custodians and investment banks a full clearing, settlement and custody solution in Poland and other markets.
For continuously growing Hedge Fund Services Department within BNP Paribas Securities Services in Poland, which is an exciting, dynamic and growing operation centre in Warsaw, we are looking for candidates who are willing to be a vital part of the expansion in BNP Paribas’ operational scope in Poland.
As part of the Hedge Funds Services within Alternative Funds Operations, you will have the opportunity to grow with us and expand your knowledge in Hedge Funds Accounting and Valuation, etc. The position will give you the opportunity to work on complete end-to-end fund NAV calculation processes.
Hedge Fund Accounting and Valuation Specialist
Your responsibilities will include:
- Complete preparation and review of end-to-end funds of hedge funds valuations
- Booking portfolio trades, verifying positions and cash versus custody systems
- Cash monitoring, reconciliation, investigation of unrecognized movements
- Booking and reconciliation of fund capital activity
- Uploading and reviewing portfolio pricing and ensuring all variances are investigated and escalated
- Review of share class hedging correctness concerning positions and tolerance, rolling forwards at end of period
- Preparation, maintenance and review of accruals of expenses (fixed and variable), in depth analysis of amounts due and cross-currency payables processing
- Preparing trial balance, review of constituents and data feeds into the master report
- Liaising and working with the Transfer Agency team to ensure accurate recording of shareholder capital activity within Geneva system
- Involvement in process automation projects, direct influence on effectiveness of your own and team’s work.
- Cooperation with the US oversight and business partners.
We are looking for you, if you:
- Have University degree preferred: Finance and Accounting, Economics or similar
- Have experience working in fund services industry or similar areas (experience in NAV valuations is a strong asset)
- Have good command of MS Office (especially MS Excel)
- Are fluent in English
- Are aware of the clients’ needs and have an ability to deliver an excellent client service
- Are self-motivated and able to work effectively on your own and in a team
- Are accurate and have attention to details
- Are eager to take part in project that is in development rather than in already stabilized
- Stable employment on the basis of full-time job contract
- Complex trainings preparing to achieve independence on the position
- Supportive and friendly work atmosphere with many opportunities to integrate with work colleagues (football league, volleyball and basketball classes, integration weekends, etc.)
- Wide range of trainings and development opportunities
- Convenient work location near Rondo Daszyńskiego
We are interested in both, junior and more senior profiles. The level of the position will be considered individually based on a candidate’s professional experience.
BNP Paribas promotes equality of opportunity and is committed to ensuring that no individual is discriminated against on the grounds of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership status, pregnancy and maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. Please attach the below clause to your application:
I hereby give consent for my personal data included in my application to be processed for the purposes of the recruitment process under the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (General Data Protection Regulation) introduced into the Polish law with Data Protection Act of 10 May 2018 (Dz. U. 2018 poz.1000 as amended). I acknowledge that I have the right at any time to view, to amend or correct and to request to erase my personal data.