In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
Within the Asia Pacific CIB IT & Operations organization, the Regional OPC (Operational Permanent Control) correspondent for the Global Markets & ALMT Operations is under the management of the Head of Conduct & Controls and works in close relationship with the Operations teams.
His/her main responsibilities is to implement the operational risk management framework and monitor the operational risk related to Client Management activities. Hence, he/she will analyse control results (Ops, OPC, LoD2, LoD3) and incidents to identify main operational risks and follow the associated mitigation/remediation actions (including recommendations).
He/she will be also responsible for the improvement of the overall internal control mechanisms to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and BNPP Group standards.
In close coordination with other OPC teams, complete the review and improvement of the control framework
• Contribute to the review of Operations controls (1a/1b) efficiency with Global and FO OPC
• Based on incidents/issues, consider additional risk areas where a deep dive review of control is required
• As part of the annual review, update RCSA by further challenging the control framework (incl. 1a/1b)
• Further rationalize OPC controls based on the above
In partnership with local OPCs and in the context of the RCSA exercise, take a step back to raise new key risk areas to Business and Management.
• Further identify recurring issues in control results (1a/1b/1c) and the list of incidents (HI360/JIRA)
• Continuously assess the control framework (1a/1b/1c) as part of incidents, RISK ORC/IG recos
• Identify issues based on Ops speak-up and your own expert judgement
Ensure appropriate tracking of Global and local remediation plans related to key risks.
• Liaise with local OPCs to ensure that APAC ITO control framework is uniformly adopted across the Region
• Lead a monthly permanent control committee, ensuring clear reporting of controls, issues and remediation
• Support a front-to-back approach via a strong collaboration with Business OPCs and a clear reporting on risks
• Closely collaborate with LoD2 by attending regular meetings and sharing relevant information
Conduct & Risk awareness
• Ensure appropriate tracking and escalation of issues/incidents
• Challenge Ops teams risk awareness and speak-up mindset
• With FO and Operations, ensure regular Conduct & Operational Risk awareness trainings
• Track mandatory training requirements and refresher trainings for key risk topics
• Contribute to the creation of the offshore APAC OPC team
• Continuously review priorities to ensure appropriate workload distribution within the team
• Ensure appropriate level of delegation to develop the staffs’ skills and autonomy
• Reinforce the team’s visibility from Business and Territory Management
Technical & Behavioral Competencies.
• Minimum 4 years of experience in Internal Control, Operational Risk, Internal or External Audit function or with Client Management operations experience.
• Good analytical skills and control mindset
• Ability to integrate various information and synthesize them
• Good communication and presentation skills, with ability to interact with operations staff and Senior Management
• Ability to work independently and also as part of a team
• Coordination and multi-tasking skill
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Word) for statistical analysis and report production