In a changing world, unprecedented challenges require unmatched talent. Join one of Montreal's Top Employers in 2022. We are a dynamic and growing organization, located in downtown Montreal and part of a leading international banking institution fully committed to building a more sustainable future.
The position at a glance
At BNP Paribas, we see every day as a chance to create a positive impact. We lead through our values centered on our employees, diversity, equality and inclusion.
We are looking for the Head of Procurement Services, CIB North America (NAR) with a growth mindset and hunger to take ownership of an international team and create a strong support for North American region.
In order to support the delivery of the Growth, Technology, and Sustainability (GTS) plan for the Americas and centralize core corporate functions, the Bank has created a new department, Enterprise Services (ES).
Enterprise Services team encompasses Premises, Enterprise Data Management Solutions, Group Strategic Sourcing, Third Party Management Office and Location Strategy for CIB Americas. ES aims at re-in forcing and elevating three strategic mandates for the Bank:
- The articulation of a long-term Workspace Strategy to support the implementation of Smart Working and the Americas Location Strategy
- The development of a strategic posture on Global Strategic Sourcing
- The development and strengthening of an integrated Data Management platform and associated services
The candidate will report locally to the Canada Head of Enterprise Services and regionally to the BNPP CIB North America Chief Sourcing Officer.
The role will be managing the Montreal and off shored Procurement services teams located in India to deliver the services required to cover the CIB North America region with efficient processes, alignment to market best practices and conformity to both procedures and regulatory requirements. The person will play the key role of SME (Subject Matter Expert) for Procurement.
The candidate must have the ability to maintain strong Procurement processes while continuously adapt to additional controls and workflows to ensure compliance with the CIB North America platform.
- Management of Procurement resources both located in Canada and in India to deliver services to the regional platform (North America) reporting to the Chief Sourcing Officer and locally to the Canada Head of Enterprise Services
- Ensure support including improvements to our BNP Paribas North America Procurement standard tools (e.g., Ariba, Ivalua, IQN) in compliance with regional controls
- Act as the Procurement tools Subject Matter Expert (SME) for the platform, develop training, communication and reporting on upcoming changes and new functionalities
- Project Manage and deliver Procurement efficiencies to the CIB NAR platform in alignment with Enterprise Services
- Provide support to internal clients when facing Procurement services issues
- Work closely in collaboration with partners in Third-Party Management Office and Account Payables to contribute to the development of efficient Procurement processes, adopt new procurement applications
- Responsible for the external resources onboarding process once contract are signed and ahead of external resources entitlements
- Broad knowledge of Procurement operation as it relates to category management, including IT , external resources
- Work transparently with the various stakeholders in US and in Canada
- Negotiate, contribute to the Procurement Cash savings objectives as the Procurement services processes are streamlined and implemented
The strengths and skills that will help you succeed
- Key requirements are strong communication and negotiation skills, leadership skills and analytical skills.
- Procurement services specialist in financial services preferred.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience in Procurement services.
- Project management expertise a plus
- Collaborative Team player and client focus.
- Strong work ethics and ability to work with confidential information.
- Managerial and interpersonal skills to successfully manage a team of professionals and liaise with various internal and external groups/ individuals.
- Ability to analyze complex situations in a timely and effective manner.
- Critical thinking to assist in solving issues.
What’s in it for you
In addition to competitive compensation, we offer flexible benefits including a family and spouse insurance program, a defined contribution pension plan and paid days for volunteering. Hybrid work arrangements, such as remote working up to 50% and flexible working hours are available for most positions. BNP Paribas provides excellent training and personal development programs, as well as opportunities for career development within the company and internationally.
To find out more about our range of benefits, click here
What you need to know
- We will review candidates as they apply, so don’t wait to submit your application;
- If you are selected to participate in the recruitment process, please inform Human Resources of any accommodations you may require. BNP Paribas will work with you to ensure that you are able to participate fully in the process;
- You must be legally eligible to work in the Greater Montreal area and, if applicable, hold a valid work or study permit. Physical presence in BNP Paribas’ office(s) is an essential function of this position;
- All BNP Paribas Canada employees must be adequately vaccinated against COVID-19 on the date of hire, unless exempt for a reason protected by the Canadian Human Rights Act.
Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DE&I) at the heart of our commitments
At BNP Paribas all employees are on an equal footing allowing us to create a work environment that values and respects people for their talents, skills and competences.
BNP Paribas recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status (Employment Equity Act and Canadian Human Right Act).
To learn more about our DE&I commitments, click here
BNP Paribas is the top bank in the European Union and a major international banking establishment. Present in 65 countries, with more than 190,000 employees, the bank holds key positions in several areas of banking and financial services.
BNP Paribas’ mission is to contribute to a responsible and sustainable economy by financing and advising its clients according to the highest ethical standards, while striving to respond to essential concerns in terms of the environment, regional development and social inclusion.
Since 1961, BNP Paribas has supported large Canadian companies and institutions in their business development by offering a full range of specialized financial services and investment products.
With over 1,200 employees, BNP Paribas in Canada continues to attract experts from diverse fields as well as ambitious young talent from around the world. We are proud to offer our employees a rewarding and international workplace where they can build their professional careers by honing their skills, meeting challenges and enriching their knowledge of the financial industry.
Our certifications and partnerships
- Montreal Top Employer 2022
- Women in Governance – Parity certified - Silver certification
- CCDI Consulting Inc. (Canadian Center for Diversity and Inclusion)
- Pride at Work Canada
- Rainbow Accreditation issued by Canada’s LGBT+ Chamber of Commerce (CGLCC)
- ROSEPH – Grouping of specialized organizations for the employment of persons with disabilities
Do you want to discover other BNP Paribas offers in Canada?
Click here: BNP Paribas in Canada Our job offers
** Only selected applications that meet the requirements of the role will be contacted **
Pourquoi je candidaterais ?
Pour quelles raisons je rejoindrais BNP Paribas et pas une autre entreprise ?
Parce que je souhaite...
Et si on vous disait que travailler dans notre Groupe, ce n’est pas ce que vous croyez ? Chez BNP Paribas, on exerce une multitude de métiers qui évoluent en permanence pour être en phase avec les attentes des clientes et clients comme de la société.
Se sentir bien dans son job, c’est avant tout venir travailler comme on est. C’est aussi avoir les moyens d’un bon équilibre entre sa vie professionnelle et sa vie personnelle. Deux engagements majeurs pour BNP Paribas.
Chez BNP Paribas, le développement de vos compétences est essentiel, pour vous comme pour nous. Et cela vous servira pour toute votre vie professionnelle.