In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you’re valued as part of the team.
Responsible for managing the China Equity Research franchise, which includes day-to-day supervision of research analysts, monitoring and improving the quality of research, deciding on which sectors and stocks shall be covered and identifying important research themes.
• Lead and manage China research team. Oversee the team’s research product and ensure that it is of a high standard and that it satisfies various compliance norms.
• Provide regular and commercial investment recommendations to clients
• Produce equity research based on critical and thorough analysis
• Cover stocks and build/maintain financial models on stocks under coverage
• Produce and market the China Equity Strategy product and associated thematic content regularly.
• Responsible for the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day to day business activities
• Responsible for ensuring team members comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
• Escalate any operational, compliance/legal and HR issues in the China Research team to line managers appropriately.
Permanent Control Aspects
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Responsible for the implementation of operational permanent control policies and procedures in day-to-day business activities, such as Control Plan
- Responsible for ensuring team members to comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines.
- Responsible for reporting all incidents according to the Incident Management System
- Responsible for ensuring job descriptions are written, distributed and updated
- Ensure audit recommendations are resolved within the specific timeline.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Deep understanding of financial metrics, valuation, fundamentals of various industries and the Chinese economy.
- Strong analytical ability
- Ability to anticipate change in thematic focus of investors
- Ability to influence and inspire team members, and to generate confidence among them.
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• All staff should hold CSRC Securities Practitioner certificate
• For specific qualification, please contact China Securities Compliance & HR to confirm qualification requirement