At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
This key senior management role will be the accountable for driving the Bank’s 5-year strategic planning process, as well as its annual review, integrated planning between business and function along key transversal enabler topics, set up of governance, supporting risk assessment and dependencies.
- In partnership with the executive leadership, Program Management Officer, Finance — be the holistic transformation program management center for the Bank’s overall 2025 strategic plan, notably along key initiatives, milestones, value capture
- Initiate the execution and key points of the corporate strategy, including periodic and annual formal reviews of the company's long-term strategic plan.
- Works closely with senior executives to lead most critical strategic initiatives, including business unit strategies, geographic expansion efforts, and new business launches.
- Lead corporate development efforts in partnership with the executive team, CFO’s office and BNPP Corporate Development to proactively research, analyze and recommend transactions and partnerships aligned to bank strategy.
- Share insights on retail banking and consumer finance — with an eye on strong segment/customer-driven go to market strategies, digital-led distribution, and the practicalities of organizing for execution of an effective multi-channel strategy
- Cultivate proactive relationships and market intelligence with transaction advisors.
- Lead select enterprise-level benchmarking and competitive analyses to inform business line and corporate commercial and strategic performance and onward direction.
- Lead a team of internal consultants on a range of top line, bottom line and capability topics as needed.
- Support regular executive updates on corporate and division-level updates to the Board, Regulators, and stakeholders across the BNP Paribas group.Provides unbiased business and market analysis and recommendations in support of senior management decision making.
- Set up and operate regular metrics-driven reporting and executive update to stakeholders
- Support the development of the change management process and narrative
- Supports improvement, design and business control projects using appropriate BPI and/or six sigma methodologies.
- Recommends change / improvement in functions to maximize benefits to the company processes and enhance customer experience.
- Coordinates analysis and data gathering processes and programs to establish costs and benefits of process effectiveness and efficiency.
- Develops / delivers presentations to communicate proposals, initiatives and updates on BPI program and process initiative progress.
- Document inter-departmental processes, linkages, and opportunities for cooperation.
Enterprise Project Office:
- Oversight and reporting on successful completion of enterprise wide projects and initiatives and ongoing management consulting expertise on strategic initiatives as required throughout the organization.
- Plans, manages, and oversees administration of enterprise wide project implementations.
- Provides in-house management consulting expertise for special projects as assigned by the Executive Management team.
- Partners and collaborates with the heads of various functional disciplines (including IT, HR, Finance and Legal) to determine integration requirements, create plans for execution, identify significant cross-functional dependencies, oversee execution performance and analyze results to determine if financial and other objectives are met.
- Develops and maintains processes, project plans and schedules from initiation through delivery, including status reporting, team management, project oversight and monitoring, troubleshooting and problem resolution to ensure completion of assigned projects on schedule and within budget.
- Effectively communicates with Executive Management and other stakeholders to ensure satisfaction with project management processes such as managing milestones, tasks, and issue escalation.
- Produces and presents periodic reports to executive management and board level committees, including KRl's/KPl's and other project status updates.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or related business field
- Master's/Advanced Degree in Business or Finance (Highly Preferred)
- Requires 15+ years of experience in a combination of professional services and the consumer financial services industry.
- Requires advanced business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business or functional teams. Typically has broader practical experience across multiple professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory, past practical experience and the organization’s business practices.
- Functional experience in a meaningful subset of go-to-market, marketing, sales, pricing, org design, large scale transformation, digital/agile.
Leadership Competencies/ Personal Attributes
- Strong strategic thinker, with ability to quickly assess complex problems, prioritize key issues, and focus on relevant facts.
- Well-honed consulting skills enabling him/her to work with others to elicit information, to think objectively and analytically and to influence outcomes positively.
- Demonstrated experience managing a varied team of professionals in a project-based environment and a proven ability to coach and develop the team.
- Outstanding skills presenting/communicating data to senior leaders.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator - communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals. Clearly conveys information and ideas and responds appropriately to customers, external contacts and team members.
- Expert decision making capabilities - draws information and broad knowledge to make timely and logical decisions that provide practical solutions.
- Expert relationship builder - develops open, effective, considerate and productive working relationships.
- High level of adaptability - responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity and other pressures.
- Takes high degree of personal ownership - assumes responsibility for effectively meeting objectives, self-motivated to get the job done, performs duties in an organized, accurate and productive fashion, seeks out ways to improve effectiveness, and is self-accountable for following policies, guidelines and procedures.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.