In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 18,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships. .
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 68 markets with more than 193,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
* excluding partnerships
At BNP Paribas, we passionately embrace diversity and are committed to fostering an inclusive workplace where all employees are valued, respected and can bring their authentic selves to work. We prohibit Discrimination and Harassment of any kind and our policies promote equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants, irrespective of, but not limited to their gender, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, ethnicity, race, colour, national origin, age, religion, social status, mental or physical disabilities, veteran status etc. As a global Bank, we truly believe that inclusion and diversity of our teams is key to our success in serving our clients and the communities we operate in.
• To manage internal audit matters of the subsidiary and to liaise with the relevant regulator closely
• To conduct audit work in accordance with the IG methodology and ensure high standard of deliverables
• To contribute to risk assessment of audit units based on knowledge obtained through assignments as well as day-to-day contact with auditees
• To follow through with auditee on implementation of recommendations
1. To conduct (lead or participate) and report on audit assignments and/or special reviews):
• To plan assignment scope and develop audit methodology for review and clearance.
• To lead, coordinate, manage and execute audit assignments within a pre-defined timeframe.
• To discuss issues with auditees and provide value-added findings and recommendations.
2. Validate for closure the implementation of recommendations issued by the function.
3. Conduct audit risk assessments and periodic reporting to management and/or Head Office.
4. Support to deliver the annual audit plan and any ad-hoc requests from management, regulators or HO.
5. Liaise with regulators, external auditors and other BNP Paribas Inspection Générale Hubs, to keep abreast of global standards and regulatory developments.
• Conduct regular liaison / meetings with business line management, territory management for updates on business
• Keep abreast of the local regulatory requirements and alert the IG Territory Coverage Manager whenever situation warrants.
• Prepare necessary reports in collaboration with the Territory Coverage Manager and IG APAC COO for regulators when required.
6. Represent IG Hub APAC in attending local audit committee meetings
• Prepare meeting materials for Audit Committee meetings and attend the meeting together with the IG Territory Coverage Manager for China.
Contribute to the improvement of the Inspection Générale practices through the elaboration and update of our methodologies.
Permanent Control Aspects
- Direct contribution to BNPP operational permanent control framework.
- Comply with regulatory requirements and internal guidelines
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
• Is conversant with and applies appropriately audit methodology/standards and control concepts
• Possesses deep knowledge of business, products, risks, practices, policies and regulations
• Practically adapts theory and experience to circumstances of assignment
• Demonstrates planning, organizing and communication / interpersonal skills in conducting assignments and dealing with auditees
• Be analytical and able to anticipate problems/obstacles, able to distinguish material from non-material items in making decisions
• Is mindful about deadlines and disciplined in completing deliverables at the required level of standard
• Effective communication skills. Good written and spoken English and Chinese.
• Data analytics skills is a plus.
• Autonomous and self-motivated.
• Team player.
• Willing to travel (in the region, around 30% travelling).
Specific Qualifications (if required)
• Possess the Securities Practitioner Qualification (证券从业资格);
• Possess a Bachelor’s / Master’s Degree in related disciplines;
• Possess experience in external auditing / internal auditing / credit / risk / compliance / internal control / operations in the financial services industry, with min. 3 years’ experience in securities;
• Professional Qualification/Certificate in Audit / Accounting, e.g. CA, CIA, CISA, is a plus.