At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.
Job Description Summary
The Head of Key Client Group Wealth Planning Services will design and build out the wealth and legacy planning capabilities for the Key Client Group and Private Client Services within the Wealth Management Group for Bank of the West.
Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Developing the process, policies, procedures and controls that deliver consistent, high quality advice to prospects and clients.
- Developing complex estate and investment plans for High Net Worth and Ultra High Net Worth individuals and their families including investment modelling and tax planning.
- Provide holistic wealth planning guidance to facilitate inter-generational wealth planning.
- Designing and implementing pricing strategy.
- Developing internal training programs for Client Advisors.
- Developing educational programs for clients and prospects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires advanced business knowledge, general management and leadership capability to lead business or functional teams.
- Typically has broader practical experience across multiple professional disciplines within the organization, combining theory, past practical experience and the organization’s business practices.
- Requires 15 years minimum prior relevant experience.
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Expert in Wealth Transfer Planning (i.e. Estate, Tax, Philanthropic Planning) and Financial planning for High Net Worth individuals and families).
- Significant experience with Family Governance and Leadership Consulting.
- Experience building and managing a team of expert professionals and implementing corporate wide programs.
- Sophisticated trust and tax knowledge and understanding of how regulation changes may affect wealth strategies.
- Strong influencing, presentation and negotiation skills.
- Communicates effectively with diverse groups and individuals - clearly conveys information and ideas and listens and responds appropriately to customer needs, external vendors and individuals throughout the Bank including senior and executive management.
- Develops open, considerate, effective and productive working relationships and partnerships with peers, external contacts and other individuals throughout Bank of the West.
- Displays advanced decision making and analysis skills - draws information and broad knowledge to make timely and logical decisions that provide practical solutions.
- Adaptability - responds appropriately and competently to the demands of work challenges when confronted with changes, ambiguity, adversity, and other pressures.
- Strong business acumen and problem solving ability.
- Personal Ownership - Assumes responsibility for effectively meeting objectives, motivates self to get the job done, performs job duties in an organized, accurate and productive fashion, seeks out and is open to knowledge, ideas and feedback to improve effectiveness, and holds self accountable for following policies, guidelines, and procedures.
- Strong results focus and a proven ability to meet and deliver on business goals.
- Displays honesty and integrity.
- Ability to lead change.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San FranciscoJob Type: Full-timeJob: Advisory Services