Overall Job Purpose:
BNP Paribas Group clients require both traditional trade instruments, open account trade and working capital solutions to support achievement of their growth aspirations. BNPP aims to remain a leading player in Trade Financing through the delivery of innovative products and solutions that meet the need of both importers and exporters around the world.
Reliable and solid platforms as well as adapted e-banking tools are a requisite to support the growth of the business and ensure overall operational integrity of our product and solutions.
BNP Paribas Dublin is the primary hub for structuring, booking and managing all GTS Working Capital Solutions / Supply Chain Finance structures originated within EMEA together with selective cross-regional Transactions. This encompasses Receivables, Payables and Inventory Management / Flash Title solutions through existing Utexam entities.
In addition to WCS/SCM; BNP Paribas has a thriving traditional trade franchise with Irish Pilot and MNC clients which is driven by a local Head of Trade Finance who reports to the Head of GTS Dublin
WCS and Trade Finance are a key pillar of the Transaction Banking 2025 growth ambitions and this Leadership position is an important enabler of this ambition.
Develop GTS activities in line with the overall strategy of Trade Finance EMEA strategy on the local corporate portfolio, being GTS network’s SPOC in Ireland and managing Dublin GTS team
Ensure an efficient execution of GTS EMEA deals, and thus contribute to the business growth target,
Support GTS marketers in supporting the structuring and setting up Working Capital Solutions transactions (Receivables purchase, payable financing as well as inventory management solutions) and other trade finance deals in order to ensure a good quality of execution until complete delivery of the product / solution to the client,
Take necessary actions to ensure an efficient operational environment and robust control framework.They will lead OTAC – Operational Transaction Committee in the presence of all stakeholders), Ensure a strong partnership with all stakeholders (Legal, GBMO, Operations, ITO, Compliance, Local/ Paris Management.)
Drive a culture of constant improvement, enabled by prompt sharing and declaration of operational incidents with a view to learning swiftly and implementing required changes / evolutions
Appointment as Executive Director at the Boards of Utexam Logistics Limited and Utexam Solutions Limited.
Responsibility to ensure top quality and integrity: on structure, documentation, controls and monitoring up to execution until delivery to the client.
Management responsibility of a team of circa 11 people
Close cooperation with the SCM Marketers/Structurers Paris teams.
Supervision of the SCM Product Management team and of the part of the Marketers/Structurers team located in Dublin
Participate in WCS/ SCM client / deal pipeline, Provide GTS marketers and management with clear advice and feedback on key elements of structuring and execution. Promote and champion GTS sustainable product offer
Client service: Ensure that external and internal client queries are handled in a timely and professional manner.
Local entry point on Compliance, Ethic, Accounting, Permanent Control … for Utexam franchise.
Skills & Competencies:
- Minimum 10 years of experience, including Management experience
- General knowledge of Trade Finance products,
- Good understanding of the Bank’s organisation
- Clear understanding of the underlying commercial transaction including the accounting treatment required by the client
- Clear understanding of the operational constraints imposed by both the bank systems and operational requirements
- A holistic view of the client’s requirements and whether these will match the Bank’s requirements such as Compliance, Risk, and reputational impact
- Ability to manage a diverse team of Professionals in the GTS Dublin Platform
- Ability to liaise with multiple connected parties e.g. Clients, RMs, SCM Marketers, Back and Middle offices, Finance, Legal, Compliance, ITO 3C, Performance management
- Ability to anticipate issues and proactively manage these
- Train the GTS Dublin platform team and ensure their individual career aspirations are understood and where appropriate, facilitated
- Organisational skills, good time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills at all level (frequent client contact), Team player
- Operations, ITO and Compliance knowledge is a plus
- Excellent presentation and influencing skills
- Fluency in English, French language is a plus.