HEAD OF IT ASSIGNMENT - Audit Function
The Inspection Générale (IG) is the internal audit function of the group. It carries out audits on all the activities of the Group in France and worldwide, relying either on generalists or specialists auditors, either through central or local teams.
The Iberian Peninsula IG Hub is a team of auditors covering BNP Paribas Group entities operating in Spain and in Portugal, countries where BNP Paribas develops both domestic business activities and large outsourced service centers. The hub intends to develop a practice for auditing IT activities operated in the Iberian Peninsula and from time to time, for supporting other IT audits over the EMEA region.
In this respect, the Iberian Peninsula IG Hub looks for a Head of assignment with a strong IT knowledge and experience in order to lead audit IT assignments. Knowledge in the fields of Cybersecurity and IT Audit will represent an additional advantage. The Head of IT Assignment will report directly to the Head of Iberian Peninsula Hub and will be functionally part of the worldwide lIT Audit Line.
- The Head of IT Assignment ensures the operation of Information Communication & Technology (ICT)and Cybersecurity audit works on his/her perimeter of responsibilities in compliance with the objectives, the principles and the norms of the BNP Paribas Group and with the regulations applicable to the entities audited. IT audits cover the following domains: IT governance, administration, development & maintenance, IT production, IT security and IT continuity & resilience.
- The Head of IT Assignment manages the IT audit assignments as follows:
• Prepares the assignment: definition of the precise scope, audit methodology to be developed, planning and resources;
• Ensures a proper evaluation of the perimeter to be audited by developing a thorough understanding of the activities within the scope, its strategy and governance, the related risks and a first assessment of the overall setup in terms of governance, risk management and controls.;
• Ensures relevant investigations and tests on key areas of the IT framework, identifying potential gaps to referents of vulnerabilities.
• Ensures formalization of findings and recommendations to remediate the identified weaknesses and their acceptation by the auditees;
• Ensures the build-up and presentation of all assignments deliverables.
- The Head of IT Assignment ensures the review and validation of the evidences of implementation of the IT recommendations issued over the Iberian Peninsula Hub’s perimeter.
- The IT Head of Assignment ensures the build-up of the yearly Risk Assessment of Iberian Peninsula’s IT activities and prepares the IT multi-year audit plan:
The IT Head of Assignment will be based in Madrid and be directly in charge of the IT related audits of entities located in both Spain and Portugal. He/she relies on a team of a few IT specialists Auditors located in Madrid and potentially in Lisbon and may also leverage on a large pool of generalist auditors for the less technical part of the assignments.
- English (fluent);
- Spanish (sufficient level or one to be necessarily acquired);
- French or Portuguese (if possible).
- IT Audit practices;
- Strong technical background in IT activities notably IT Development and Maintenance, IT Security and namely Cyubersecurity, and IT Continuity;
- Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving;
- Analytical skills;
- Ability to synthetize and present things in a way understandable to non IT readers;
- Team building;
- Ability to manage a team;
- Ability to understand, explain and support change;
- Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution;
- Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment;
- Ability to develop and leverage networks.