MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
CIB IT develops, improves, and maintains the wide range of applications and information services across capital markets, corporate banking, payments, loans, trade finance and data analytics domains, leveraging a mix of both global and regional platforms in accordance with the strategic objectives of the business and operations areas.
The CIB Americas IT Governance, Risk and Controls team leads the implementation of the governance framework established by the Group, CIB, and IT management, operates as a first line control function (IT risk and controls) and facilitates the collaboration between the business/ops lines and the IT teams. It contributes to articulating/establishing/reviewing operational controls and the related IT solutions. The IT Governance, Risk and Controls team contributes to the enhancement of the IT platform and business applications. The team operates in New York, Montreal and Sao Paulo.
We are seeking an experienced candidate with in-depth knowledge of the whole IT value chain (infrastructure, business applications and software) as well as very good understanding of Corporate and Institutional Banking activities (Global Markets, Corporate Banking). The person needs to have excellent organizational and time management skills. He/she must have IT audit experience. The individual must be comfortable with presenting to staff and managers alike, as well as carrying out detailed analysis. The candidate must demonstrate good leadership skills and be able to drive complex changes as well as coordinate the effort of dozens of stakeholders towards a single goal.
The role’s responsibilities include:
• She/he will work autonomously under the direction of Head of Audit Coordination & Follow up Team
• She/he will support audit reviews (Internal & external reviews and regulatory exams).
• She/he will interact with the IT Risk Management, internal and external auditors on new findings and advice on execution and closing criteria.
• She/he will work with the IT teams to ensure that audit recommendations are properly addressed and recommendations are submitted for closure timely.
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• College degree in Computer science, Engineering or related field or Finance
• 3+ years of relevant experience in IT desired (i.e., IT Production processes)
• 3+ years of Financial Industry experience
• 5 years of IT audit experience. Audit certification (e.g., CISA, CIA) is a strong plus.
• Knowledge of Industry IT process Framework like COBIT and ITIL
• Proficient in MS Office (specifically Excel/VBA, PowerPoint, Word), SharePoint
ESSENTIAL SPECIFIC REQUIREMENTS
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to think strategically
• Solution centric mindset and creativity
• Initiative, autonomy, Self-motivated, team player with strong organizational and planning skills
• Excellent and effective verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to interact professionally, build and maintain relationships with all levels of management and senior executives
• Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written (French communication skills is a plus)
• Ability to identify and resolve issues and conflicts
• Ability to manage and multi-task to coordinate across multiple simultaneous projects and teams
• High energy, tenacity, and capacity to keep going under pressure and meet demanding deadlines
• Very strong work ethic and ability to deal with confidential information
• Experience working successfully in a multicultural environment
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.