MISSION AND OBJECTIVES
CIB Americas IT develops, improves, and maintains the wide range of applications, infrastructure and production services across a wide range of banking domains (e.g., capital markets, corporate banking, payments, regulatory and financial reporting, compliance, HR, data analytics) leveraging a mix of both global and regional platforms in accordance with the strategic objectives of the business and operations areas.
Reporting directly to the CIO of the IHC & CIB Americas, the CIB Americas IT Governance, Risk and Controls team leads the implementation of the governance framework established by the Group, CIB, and IT management, operates as a first line of defense (e.g., IT risks & controls, IT continuity, KPI / KRI, scorecards, coordination with 2LOD and 3LOD) and facilitates the collaboration between the business/ops lines and the IT teams. It contributes to articulating/establishing/reviewing operational controls and the related IT solutions. The IT Governance, Risk and Controls team contributes to the enhancement of the IT platform and business applications. The team operates in New York, Montreal and Sao Paulo.
The role consists in advising and coordinating among managers and staff of IT Production, Global Markets IT, Global Banking IT and Core Banking IT departments on the deployment of IT production related processes. The role will have a particular focus on leading our collective efforts in maintaining and improving our IT continuity framework.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced candidate with in-depth knowledge of the whole IT value chain (e.g., infrastructure, middleware, business applications and database management systems) as well as very good understanding of Corporate and Institutional Banking activities (Global Markets, Corporate Banking).
The person needs to have excellent organizational and time management skills. He/she must demonstrate subject matter expertise of Continuity management and other key IT Production processes like management of assets, configuration, changes, incidents, service and capacity. The individual must be comfortable with presenting to staff and managers alike, as well as carrying out detailed analysis. The candidate must demonstrate good leadership skills and be able to drive complex changes as well as coordinate the effort of dozens of stakeholders towards a single goal.
The role’s responsibilities include:
• IT Governance:
• Advise and train IT managers and staff on IT Production processes
• Perform quality assurance on IT Production processes, and participate to their continuous improvement
• Analyze and interpret IT policies and procedures, document the related requirements and create meaningful processes to sustain the compliance of BNP Paribas CIB Americas IT teams
• Report on the deployment status of policies and procedures related to IT Production
• Develop and maintain standards and methodologies for CIB Americas IT
• Support the identification and assessment of IT Production risks
• IT Continuity:
• Advise managers and staff on BNPP Group and CIB IT Continuity rules and enforce them
• Coordinate the maintenance of Application Impact Analysis with business and IT teams
• Review and validate Disaster Recovery solutions and plans
• Plan and Coordinate Disaster Recovery Exercises
• Generate and monitor Performance indicators on the IT Continuity activity
• Support the identification and assessment of IT Continuity risks
• Follow-up on action plans related to Information Continuity
• Assist in the organization of regular IT Continuity Steering Committees
• Analyze and define the IT Continuity requirements for IT projects
TRAINING AND OCCUPATIONAL EXPERIENCE
• College degree in Computer science, Mathematics, Business or Finance
• 7+ years of relevant experience in IT and the Financial Industry
• Expertise on IT Production processes
• Good knowledge of Industry IT process Framework like COBIT and ITIL
• Strong English communication skills, both verbal and written (French communication skills is a plus)
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to identify and resolve issues and conflicts
• Ability to build, develop and grow the business relationships
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Good time management on complex and multiple tasks
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
• Mastery in Excel/VBA is desired
A recruitment policy that promotes equity and diversity:
Equity and diversity are at the core of our recruitment policy because we believe that they foster creativity and efficiency which in turn increase performance and productivity. We strive to reflect the society we live in, while keeping with the image of our clients.
We pride ourselves in applying non-discrimination rules to all our recruitments.
We will only contact the candidates selected who meet the job requirements in terms of training and experience.
About BNP Paribas
BNP Paribas is a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. It has a presence in 73 countries, with more than 195,000 employees, including more than 148,000 in Europe. The Group has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. The Group helps all its clients (individuals, community associations, entrepreneurs, SMEs, corporates and institutional clients) to realise their projects through solutions spanning financing, investment, savings and protection insurance. In Europe, the Group has four domestic markets (Belgium, France, Italy and Luxembourg) and BNP Paribas Personal Finance is the leader in consumer lending. BNP Paribas is rolling out its integrated retail-banking model in Mediterranean countries, in Turkey, in Eastern Europe and a large network in the western part of the United States. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas also enjoys top positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas as well as a solid and fast-growing business in Asia-Pacific.
About BNP Paribas in Canada
In Canada, BNP Paribas is one of the dominant foreign banks in the country and is committed to building its platform even further. Since becoming the operational hub for the Group’s activities in North America in 2013, it has grown significantly to reach more than 700 employees and is expected to continue growing in the coming years. With the continued development of technology and financial fields, BNP Paribas Canada continues to attract experts with diverse backgrounds as well as young and ambitious talent from across the globe. With the international mobility and capacity that very few companies can offer, BNP Paribas prides itself in providing a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow.