At Bank of the West, our people are having a positive impact on the world. We’re investing where we feel we can make the most impact, like advancing diversity and women entrepreneurship programs, financing for more small businesses, and promoting programs for sustainable energy. From our locations across the U.S., Bank of the West is taking action to help protect the planet, improve people’s lives, and strengthen communities. We are part of BNP Paribas, a global leader supporting the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Yes, we’re a bank, but as the bank for a changing world, we are continually seeking to improve the ways we help our customers, while contributing to more sustainable and equitable growth.Job Description Summary
Responsible for the development of new international trade finance service relationships, primarily through proactive involvement with line relationship managers to generate significant trade finance fee and interest income.
This is the entry-level for the Trade Advisory Officer job family and as such requires rapid development of the Bank's Global Trade Services (GTS) products knowledge to support the sales efforts of the Bank's sales force.Essential Job Functions
Other Job Duties
- Works with line relationship managers to develop prospects for sale of international trade finance services such as import or export letters of credit, collections, government-guaranteed programs and trade services.
- Sells to and maintains contact with accounts in conjunction with account managers.
- Consults with prospects and customers to identify needs and recommend the trade finance services to meet those needs.
- Demonstrates services/products to customers through personal meetings.
- Reconciles most trade finance sales issues and answers questions concerning import and export finance as well as documentary products independently.
- Serves as liaison between current and potential customers and the Bank to resolve questions regarding products/services.
- Educates line relationship managers in the knowledge and promotion of international trade finance services.
- Recommends improvements in existing products or product mix to meet competitive products.
- Submits reports on sales activity and maintains records.
- Interacts with international-oriented business and professional organizations.
- Bachelor's Degree Business or Finance and or equivalent work experience
- Requires 5 years minimum prior relevant experience with Corporate & Commercial banking
Equal Employment Opportunity Policy
- Ensures compliance with the Bank’s credit values.
- Views credit quality as a personal obligation.
- Exhibits sound judgment.
- Ensures accurate, candid, and balanced loan presentations.
- Recognizes responsibility for ongoing account monitoring.
- Is proactive in problem detection and resolution.
- Maintains balance between growth objectives and credit quality objectives of the Bank.
- Strong analytical and research skills.
- Knowledge of banking products and services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Negotiation skills.
- Planning and organizing.
- Strong computer skills with ability to use MS Office products.
Bank of the West is an Equal Opportunity employer and proud to provide equal employment opportunity to all job seekers without regard to any status protected by applicable law. Bank of the West is also an Affirmative Action employer - Minority / Female / Disabled / Veteran.
Bank of the West will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance subject to the requirements of all state and federal laws and regulations.
Primary Location: United States-California-San RamonJob Type: Full-timeJob: Sales and Sales Related