About BNP Paribas Group:
BNP Paribas is a top-ranking bank in Europe with an international profile. It operates in 71 countries and has almost 199 000 employees. The Group ranks highly in its three core areas of activity: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail banking networks and financial services are grouped together under Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, centered on corporate and institutional clients. The Group helps all of its clients (retail, associations, businesses, SMEs, large corporates and institutional) to implement their projects by providing them with services in financing, investment, savings and protection. In its Corporate & Institutional Banking and International Financial Services activities, BNP Paribas enjoys leading positions in Europe, a strong presence in the Americas and has a solid and fast-growing network in the Asia/Pacific region.
About BNP Paribas India Solutions:
Established in 2005, BNP Paribas India Solutions is a wholly owned subsidiary of BNP Paribas SA, a leading bank in Europe with an international reach. With delivery centers located in Bengaluru, Chennai and Mumbai, we are a 24x7 global delivery center. India Solutions services three business lines: Corporate and Institutional Banking, Investment Solutions and Retail Banking for BNP Paribas across the Group. Driving innovation and growth, we are harnessing the potential of over 6000 employees, to provide support and develop best-in-class solutions.
About Business line/Function :
The Global Markets (GM) business of BNP Paribas helps its Corporate and Institutional clients leverage capital markets across the globe for their financing, risk management and investment needs. This encompasses a wide range of financial products ranging from Foreign exchange to complex Equity Derivatives that are traded in financial markets across the globe 24/7.
IT systems are integral to the business and are a key part of the value proposition to clients. These IT systems range from industry standard products for standard process automation to internally developed, often, market leading IT applications. The IT teams owning these IT systems are made up of functions that include Technical and Application production support, Business Analysis & Project Management, Development & Maintenance and Quality Control. BNP Paribas India Solutions is an equal partner in these IT functions along with colleagues in other locations including Paris, London, New York, Tokyo, Singapore & Hong Kong. This partnership ranges from sharing the IT work load, executing global strategy to owning global applications offshore. The technology and engineering landscape is wide, encompassing almost all techniques and platforms. It continues to evolve and transform with the market with the business continuing to invest in it.
Global Markets IT
Business Line / Function:
Corp & Institutional Banking - Global Markets
Number of Direct Reports:
Directorship / Registration:
We are looking for a passionate Developer to design, develop and install software solutions. The successful candidate will be able to
- Build high quality, innovative and fully performing software in compliance with coding standards and technical design.
- Design, modify, develop, write and implement software-programming applications.
- Support and/or install software applications.
- Participate in the testing process through test review and analysis.
- Able to guide team in technical solutions and complete the deliveries
- Good collaboration with Onshore and Offshore teams
Requires a bachelor's degree in a related area and 5+ years of experience in the Development. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures within a particular field. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a manager.
- Engineer solutions for complex problems involving capital markets platforms
- Hands on - Full stack development. (UI, Middleware, Services/API, Backend (SQL)
- Architect highly performant applications/modules using appropriate frameworks/tools.
- Deliver robust and scalable solutions rapidly in an agile way.
- Understand and practice data security protocols and controls to ensure data protection.
- Ensure usage of appropriate practises to ensure high quality (e.g. TDD).
- Provide 3rd line support, working with the Application production support team
- Able to manage day to day task and accountable and responsible for deliveries from offshore
- Collaborate with Onshore and Offshore teams
- Guide / mentor / review other team member’s deliveries and setup technical best practices
- Implement / Improve DevOps Pipeline for production delivery.
- Interact with functional and technical architects to design enterprise solutions.
- Conduct / Drive workshops and technical forums within the department on tech trends.
Technical & Behavioral Competencies
- Hands on with Java 8 or above.
- Demonstrable experience on multi-threading
- Proficient in usage of tools likeGit, SVN, Junit
- One of: Gradle or Maven
- One of: Jenkins/Team City
- Database technology likeOracle DB, MS-SQL
- Performance Measurement tools like: Jmeter, JProfiler, JVisualVM,Java Flight Recorder (JFR)
- One of: Spring or Guice
Behavioral Skills :
- Ability to operate autonomously without supervision even if within a team.
- Eye for detail.
- Action / Delivery orientation
- Decisive (including difficult decisions)
- Critical Thinking
Specific Qualifications (if required)
- At least 7 years of Hands on work experience in an Enterprise environment, preferably working in multi-location IT teams
Skills: (Please select up to 4 skills)
Ability to collaborate / Teamwork
Creativity & Innovation / Problem solving
Transversal Skills: (Please select up to 5 skills)
Ability to understand, explain and support change
Ability to develop and adapt a process
Ability to anticipate business / strategic evolution
Ability to inspire others & generate people's commitment
Bachelor Degree or equivalent
At least 7 years
B.E or equivalent